Info on model 7-5

I recently acquired a Randall model 7-5 with a 5" blade and the original sheath. It is missing the sharpening stone.
The stacked leather handle has been gnawed by some critter and is badly damaged.
Here are the pictures:
A97UpbZ.jpg
mbqcbms.jpg
pRJKQXu.jpg
OwWwAwJ.jpg

My first question is: When was this made? I'd like to know what time period this is from.
The second question is: Should I replace the handle? I looked on the Randall Made Knives website, hoping to send it back to them for a new handle. However, their website stated that they die not replace leather handles. So, should I replace the handle, and if so, does anyone have a recommendation of where to get it done?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Rick W

Rick
My guess is the knife is from the late 50’s to the early 60’s. I base my guess on the spacers and the sheath.
About the handle, I would contact James Behring, Missoula, Montana. They make superb knives and rehandle knives as well.

Rick
My guess is the knife is from the late 50’s to the early 60’s. I base my guess on the spacers and the sheath.
About the handle, I would contact James Behring, Missoula, Montana. They make superb knives and rehandle knives as well.

Thanks for the info. I appreciate it!
Rick W

It’s a nice knife. What’s the back story? It must have been left a a cabin or someplace. Surprised the blade is so nice. Be sure to post after pictures with the new handle.

Do you have a photo of the logo side of the blade?

Agree with using James for the repair; send the sheath too, so he can attempt to match the look of the repair to it.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry for the delay in responding.
Here are a couple of pictures of the mark side of the knife:
rmFAcJd.jpg
zUkwcQ7.jpg

Sorry, I don't know thw story of how the knife got so chewed up. I suspect that it got left in a hunting cabin over the winter, and the rodents found it. But I don't know.
Thanks,
Rick

Rick,

OK, it's a stock, no option knife, not particularly valuable. Send it to James Behring, along with the sheath. Those guys work wonders. Good luck, and please post photos once refurbished.

sw

Back