Info on my new Sebbie, please.

Danbo

Platinum Member
So, I lucked my way into this awesome knife. Unfortunately, I didn't get the box/paperwork, etc... So, I have little info on it. I imagine the steel is S30V, but it would be nice to confirm that. Also, I was told the wood is African Blackwood and the inlays are gold, but I have no idea whether this is true or not. Any help/info that anybody can provide, would be most appreciated. Thanks, in advance. 197247073_936459063592576_1359164787047547901_n.jpg196913038_158573902959563_6105148815245329581_n.jpg

Interesting piece.
Obviously a classic MM. The blade steel on the very early ones was BG-42, but most are S30V. If you take it apart the S30V will have a C next to the pivot hole and the BG-42 will have nothing. When apart you will also be able to see when the scales were made-quarter(A,B,C,D) and the year will be stamped in them. Certainly could be African Blackwood, but I have never seen a gold inlay (or any inlay)in the wood.
What is the blade finish. They usually are polished, and I owned a stonewashed, but that looks like bead blast

I'll add-you can view the scale stamps without taking it apart. They are on the inside of the scale toward the lanyard hole.

Last edited:
Interesting piece.
Obviously a classic MM. The blade steel on the very early ones was BG-42, but most are S30V. If you take it apart the S30V will have a C next to the pivot hole and the BG-42 will have nothing. When apart you will also be able to see when the scales were made-quarter(A,B,C,D) and the year will be stamped in them. Certainly could be African Blackwood, but I have never seen a gold inlay (or any inlay)in the wood.
What is the blade finish. They usually are polished, and I owned a stonewashed, but that looks like bead blast

I'll add-you can view the scale stamps without taking it apart. They are on the inside of the scale toward the lanyard hole.
The blade finish appears to be a combination of tumbled/stonewash flats and a fine grit belt finish on the grinds.

The blade finish appears to be a combination of tumbled/stonewash flats and a fine grit belt finish on the grinds.
that's a normal finish for their high end knives-just looked different in the photo(to me:))My Mammoth bark had the same.
Beautiful knife. I love the gold inlay. Nice find.

There’s one pictured in the CRK folders thread on page 42. No info on it.
Sweet CRK

vary rare and hard to find classic, nice buy brother enjoy it for a long timeđź‘Ť

Back