Information from Instagram and Facebook!

"I'll never set you up for failure with a design or material selection, which is why we don't offer our large knives in a stainless. I'm just done following the industry standard in this approach of overbuilding everything to pass specific abuse tests. Our new production offerings are excellent hard use cutting tools, streamlined to efficiently do what a knife should do, which is cut things."

^What a great response from Guy. :thumbup: :thumbup:

"I'll never set you up for failure with a design or material selection, which is why we don't offer our large knives in a stainless. I'm just done following the industry standard in this approach of overbuilding everything to pass specific abuse tests. Our new production offerings are excellent hard use cutting tools, streamlined to efficiently do what a knife should do, which is cut things."

This is why I like Survive! Actual cutting tools. Not sharpened prybars. I can't wait for the 4.5. Its gonna be the best bushcrafter out there.

thats awesome, love seeing that

Aaron of Gideon's Tactical just posted in the FB group that he got his new spec 5.1 yesterday. I'm expecting a good review soon!

JUST saw this on Facebook in the fan group. Someone asked about the 5.1 time line and Guy's response:

I'm working on them right now. We'll have another good sized batch going out tomorrow.

Silver, if I haven't said it lately, thanks for the updates man. They are appreciated.

A quote from Guy on instagram. Follow the link in my first post to see all posts from SURVIVE!

surviveknivesA GSO-5.1 shaving a bit of my fingerprint off. Before calling a knife edge finished, every one is visually inspected for evenness. After a final buff, each blade is tested from the tip to the choil, to ensure the entire edge is razor sharp. I test every blade that leaves our shop, without exception.

I doubt if the newsletter will come out tomorrow, right? I would guess since it's a holiday, next Friday January 8, 2016?

A quote from Guy on instagram. Follow the link in my first post to see all posts from SURVIVE!

surviveknivesA GSO-5.1 shaving a bit of my fingerprint off. Before calling a knife edge finished, every one is visually inspected for evenness. After a final buff, each blade is tested from the tip to the choil, to ensure the entire edge is razor sharp. I test every blade that leaves our shop, without exception.
That is integrity and dedication!

Just for clarification... The 5.1's bought during "presale" last month will supposedly be shipping sometime this month, give or take a few weeks?

Just for clarification... The 5.1's bought during "presale" last month will supposedly be shipping sometime this month, give or take a few weeks?

That is the plan. Guy still has a few more blades that need perimetered and peened, but he should have that done over the next few days. Our current goal is to start Monday sales on the 11th, which means all GSO-5.1s would have to be out before then.

I doubt if the newsletter will come out tomorrow, right? I would guess since it's a holiday, next Friday January 8, 2016?

Holiday? :confused: What's that? hahah

The newsletter was mostly done yesterday, just needs a couple finishing touches and a proof read from Guy.

Back