Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Feast your eyes on this line up!

EDIT: Link to a video
https://www.instagram.com/p/BVIHuB0jutR/

baC42o5.jpg

Last edited:
The handle video is pretty nice. I consider the handle on my old spec 3.5 to be the minimum acceptable length.
I did not notice that the new spec 3.5 is going to have the same handle length as the old spec 4.1.
That makes me pretty happy that I ordered a 3.5, and gives me something else to look forward to.

IMO extending the handle length was the right call on these. The new model 5.1 and the 4.7 both work for me, compared to their counterparts, the last gen 5.1 and the 5. I expect the 4.1 will as well, if I ever land one, lol. I'm unsure if I'll miss the skeletonization. Guess I'll need to handle them all to know for sure ;)

IMO extending the handle length was the right call on these. The new model 5.1 and the 4.7 both work for me, compared to their counterparts, the last gen 5.1 and the 5. I expect the 4.1 will as well, if I ever land one, lol. I'm unsure if I'll miss the skeletonization. Guess I'll need to handle them all to know for sure ;)
I'm really glad to see the handles getting lengthened as well :thumbsup:

The handle video is pretty nice. I consider the handle on my old spec 3.5 to be the minimum acceptable length.
I did not notice that the new spec 3.5 is going to have the same handle length as the old spec 4.1.
That makes me pretty happy that I ordered a 3.5, and gives me something else to look forward to.
Depending on the knife and what I want to use it for, I'm kind of flexible with handles. For me the 4.1 is as small as I care to go for general use. With that said I do enjoy the 2.7 for minimal and back up use.

Speaking of videos, we need some links in here.

I edited my post with the screen shot.

Last edited:
Of course, when in doubt get them all! :thumbsup:
With longer handles and solid tangs the new generation knives are more balanced and less point heavy.
As far as I'm concerned that is good, because I can't recall wishing I had less handle on any of my fixed blade knives.

Of course, when in doubt get them all! :thumbsup:
With longer handles and solid tangs the new generation knives are more balanced and less point heavy.
As far as I'm concerned that is good, because I can't recall wishing I had less handle on any of my fixed blade knives.
Did you find many of your GSOs to be tip heavy? I need to dig out my 3.5 from a pack, but you can see my old spec 4.1.

1I5frp8.jpg

Good point. I've liked the balance on my gso's, but I've definitely never wished for less handle either.

Did you find many of your GSOs to be tip heavy? I need to dig out my 3.5 from a pack, but you can see my old spec 4.1.
Silver, I was thinking that a knife with the unskeletonized handle of a 4.1 attached to the blade of the 3.5 is going to be more handle heavy than the old 3.5 with the shorter skeletonized handle.
Obviously my conclusion can be taken too far, and at the time I was thinking that the difference wasn't going to be noticeable in the longer knives, but I decided not to use up all the pixels on everybody's screens and I didn't finish the thought.
Silly me! ;)

Guy has hinted at some big news coming down on several IG posts. Here's to hoping it's some way to take their production capacity to the next level.

I cannot wait to see a pic of a rough 12 blank to pop up.

Given what he said, that they are blades, and that they are going to heat treat, I don't know what else they could be.
Before blades go to heat treat they are water jet cut and then ground, and they don't show any other models in process.
It could be some other project that they haven't mentioned before, but if it is then why bring it up now? Color me curious. :)
It does seem too soon for the 3.5 to return from grinding and be inspected prior to being sent out for heat treating.
Edit: I suppose this could be the inauguration of the new SK line.

Last edited:
It does seem too soon for the 3.5 to return from grinding and be inspected prior to being sent out for heat treating.
Edit: I suppose this could be the inauguration of the new SK line.
Going off of the production schedule, the 3.5 is a very logical choice, but would make a terrible surprise. "Guess what's in the box!!!..... Surprise! Its the next knife on the production schedule!"
I'd love to see 12s moving ahead in production, but there would have to be major omissions from the production schedule if this were true.
Now, something for a true SK line is an intriguing idea. There isn't a spot for it in the production schedule, so if they've been working on it behind the scenes, something new and unheard of (that has the same dimensions as an already known model) could very well be moving through production up to this current point.

Just off Instagram - and I count 40 of the 2.7s, 8 of the 7/7s back there and ... nope, don't trust my count of the 4.1s in the way back.

19228653_1336582983121629_3684728489929342976_n.jpg

I thought the Work In Progress Wednesdays was going to be an irregular type of update system, but if they make this a weekly thing, I think that's pretty cool.

Look at all those bins full of torx fasteners!!! :eek:
Of course YOU would be the guy to get excited about that :D

Why diamond knots on some of the lanyards/fobs?
Good eye for detail. I wonder if there is a method to that madness.

Back