Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Couldn't help but notice those last Instagram pics showed a larger batch of getting ready to ship soon knives, very nice to see.
If that's the new norm it should help speed up preorder/sales a lot.

I wish there were some 2nd 4.1's in the mix of those pictures posted!
I have been waiting to snag one for a while

The Zen of Survive! would indicate otherwise. Anticipation only leads to anxiety.

Instead, find solace in the present and revel in the exhilaration when it suddenly appears in your mailbox. :)
This is awesome :thumbsup:

Very true, i pretty much go through this everytime they post up a pic with a bunch of 7/7's i get excited, then frustrated, then angry, then accept it'll show up when its time comes. Its the stages of sk! Grieving.
I put myself through this several times and it sucks. I like seeing the company post good news and updates, but I don't let myself get too worked up until I get a shipping notice. At least for me it's mentally healthier :D

I wish there were some 2nd 4.1's in the mix of those pictures posted!
I have been waiting to snag one for a while
I'm really hoping you can get a 4.1. I just wonder if the sale of new factory seconds is completely done with. I know SO 4.1s haven't been announced yet, but I was interpreting the last update as all extra material was being sent to become part of the SK line while only existing orders were being worked on by Guy. How would you feel about getting an SK 4.1 some day?

Speaking of updates, wasn't yesterday the first Friday of August?!?

Silver, I haven't heard anything definite from Survive about the GSO models currently in Survive's shop (2.7, 4.1, 7/7) and the possibility that the excess inventory will immediately be sent out for finishing and assembly as SK knives. We know that the first model that they've committed to being produced as a SK knife is the SK 12.
I've been assuming that they'll finish out the GSO models that they've already started shipping, but they do seem to be offering fewer seconds in the last month so perhaps they'll just hang on to the excess inventory and add it to a future as yet unscheduled SK run if things go smoothly.
Edit: I forgot that the GSO 3.5 run has been converted into a SK run as well and that they will be the first SK knives released.

Last edited:
Silver, I haven't heard anything definite from Survive about the GSO models currently in Survive's shop (2.7, 4.1, 7/7) and the possibility that the excess inventory will immediately be sent out for finishing and assembly as SK knives. We know that the first model that they've committed to being produced as a SK knife is the SK 12.
I've been assuming that they'll finish out the GSO models that they've already started shipping, but they do seem to be offering fewer seconds in the last month so perhaps they'll just hang on to the excess inventory and add it to a future as yet unscheduled SK run if things go smoothly.
Edit: I forgot that the GSO 3.5 run has been converted into a SK run as well and that they will be the first SK knives released.
Good call on all accounts. I could have read in a little too much about their focus being just on existing GSO orders.

According to the email newsletter, GSO 4.7's will be available for pre-order in the near future.

According to the email newsletter, GSO 4.7's will be available for pre-order in the near future.
I need to reread the email I missed the part on a preorder. I really would like a 4.7 with the newest heat treat, but I don't think I have it in me for another preorder. Maybe an SK 4.7 is what I need.

Could you post a copy of that newsletter, I didn't see a notification for a GSO 4.7 preorder.
He may be talking about the very last line of the first Friday [Saturday] email update, sent 8/5/17. Everything is gonna be Delta from here on out I assume:

".....
August 2017

1st Friday Production Update:

Saturday

SURVIVE! News:

Did you know yesterday was actually a Friday?! Apologies for the delay in getting this out to you, I completely lost track of time. -Ellie
Current Production:
  • The very last of the GSO-2.7 Presale orders will be shipped out over the next couple of weeks.
  • We are also working on GSO-4.1 and GSO-7/7 Preorders as well as Factory 2nds. The GSO-4.1 was by far our most popular preorder and there are a lot of them. We're working diligently and appreciate your patience as we get through these.
  • The GSO-4 Limited blades are back in the SURVIVE! Workshop! Sheaths are on order and those blades will be worked into the finishing steps in small batches over the next few months.
  • The GSO-3.5 / SK-3.5 production run has arrived at grinding.
  • GSO-12 / SK-12 and GSO-6 / SK-6 are on the schedule and will start cutting ASAP.
Future Production:
  • The GSO-4.5 Bushcraft and GSO-10 will be the next models available for a last chance preorder. We will also be opening a preorder for the first run of those SK variants, to gauge interest levels.
  • Production is scheduled to continue in the following order:
  • Additional models will be added to the production schedule once these are further along. This includes the Necker, Necker II, and GSO-4.7."
by stating that the 4.5 and 10 are the next available for pre order, i take it as implied that each model may have the same opportunity for another last minute preorder as it approaches production time. fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I can't interpret that message as indication that a GSO 4.7 run will be available for preorder in the near future.
To me it says that they intend to run some neckers and 4.7 eventually once they finish working on the eleven models listed ahead of the them.
The production schedule as listed in the letter was established a long time ago.
The only addition is the mention of neckers and the 4.7, probably added because somebody asked if they had dropped those models since they didn't appear on their webpage or any production lists.

You're probably right Francier. I didnt double check the email before posting that up.
I guess if that is the case, if they are waiting for other models to be finished, the 4.7's wont be available for a loooong time. I will have to settle on a 4.1 2nd instead if thats the case.

Last edited:
I am also encouraged to see that the 4.7 model isn't going to be discontinued, but I didn't want anybody to get funny ideas about how long it might take to arrive.

Maybe when the SK series hits, they will be readily available. If the company doing them has enough capability to produce large quantities.

lDDx0wR.png

^^^saw that and was in awe! That's a pile of knives!

Really gives some perspective, doesn't it? And that's LESS than what they were working with for 4.1s and 4.7s :eek: Again, just how many people are working the S!K shop finishing out the knives when they come back from HT and folks are waiting to get their knives in hand? That is a LOT of knives going through these folks' hands...

Back