Information from Instagram and Facebook!

What an awesome sight to behold!!!!! So are those GSO 3.5s?
From what we've heard the 3.5 is the only Survive model at Millit right now, so yes indeed Silver. :thumbsup:
Edit: I just double checked the Survive production update and the 12 is next and supposed to be going out for cutting soon, but according to Ellie they are grinding after heat treat so those knives would also have to go to to Peters before they get sent to Millit for grinding. So yes, the only model those could be is the 3.5.

From what we've heard the 3.5 is the only Survive model at Millit right now, so yes indeed Silver. :thumbsup:
Edit: I just double checked the Survive production update and the 12 is next and supposed to be going out for cutting soon, but according to Ellie they are grinding after heat treat so those knives would also have to go to to Peters before they get sent to Millit for grinding. So yes, the only model those could be is the 3.5.
That makes total sense. I meant to ask more if those are GSOs or SKs. If they're going right back to the shop and offered in two different steels that makes me think GSO. If so, I'll second Chiral's motion to get some help to finish them up and ship them out!

This one's from Millit's Facebook:

25353647_1539886919429223_615956574175222423_n.jpg

That makes total sense. I meant to ask more if those are GSOs or SKs. If they're going right back to the shop and offered in two different steels that makes me think GSO. If so, I'll second Chiral's motion to get some help to finish them up and ship them out!
Oooooohhhhhh, now I understand! I got caught up in schedule geeking and I didn't think it through. Thanks Silver!
Now that I understand the question I'll say that I assume that there are blades that will be for the GSO and SK knives in there, but since the Survive shop is backlogged anyway it would make sense to send the SK 3V knives out for finishing and assembly immediately.

I believe factory 2nds are only available with micarta scales.

But, yes, pretty sure I remember that he’s waiting on a 20CV.

I think you are right about those seconds, which is what set off a little bell in my head, knowing Christian's proclivity for G10 and stainless. I may have asked him about this one before, actually. But my mind is like a steel trap.............old and rusty ;) :D

It's encouraging to see the updates and the posts with folks receiving these :thumbsup:

I am pretty sure the last time you could get G10 on a second was Aug 16th. Picked up a 2.7 w/ black G10 that day and don't remember seeing that option after that for 2cds.

I think you are right about those seconds, which is what set off a little bell in my head, knowing Christian's proclivity for G10 and stainless. I may have asked him about this one before, actually. But my mind is like a steel trap.............old and rusty ;) :D

It's encouraging to see the updates and the posts with folks receiving these :thumbsup:

Pretty sure about his steel choice. He IS my namesake after all...

I ordered one in 20CV, too :)

ETA: apologies to the other folks for adding to the further derailment of this thread... :)

20CV & G10?
Haha Dave you know me to well!
However, like said, no G10 options were available with F2. Fortunately those brown micarta scales are so awesome looking that I settled on those :D

I have G10 on my 6, but lately have found myself drawn to smaller knives in blade length 4-5". Even the HDFK as perfect as a knife it is, is a bit to large for me. So whether or not the 6 sticks around, time will tell.

Back