1. Week 43of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C243PBK Edela + Misc Prize Pack

Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco Endela + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Oct 26 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Discussion in 'Survive! Knives' started by Silver Needle, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Hard Knocks

Hard Knocks Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Well I would have lost money on that one, them being micarta. I thought you had found an end-around to get some G10 :D Thanks for the reply bud.

2. XtianAus

XtianAus Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 3, 2016
    Hahahah! Hey if there were a way, I would have. But it was micarta or no knife so...:D

Silver Needle and Hard Knocks like this.
  3. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
  4. sryt95

sryt95 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 1, 2016
  5. sryt95

sryt95 Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 1, 2016
  6. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Silver Needle likes this.
  7. ATJ999

ATJ999 Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 12, 2013
    There's another about Guy cranking out 7/7 handles. A few of my F2's have to be shipping this month! Some 7/7's and a 4.1. My new EDC2 and old spec GSO 3.5 headed my way will have to do until then!

Silver Needle likes this.
  8. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    It seems like progress is being made. Man I'd like to see a bunch of folks posting up shipping notifications shortly.

Guy, you've got to drive right through here to get home. If you drop off my 4 LE on the way, dinner is on me :D

Fancier, ATJ999, Wood5045 and 4 others like this.
  9. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    I received my F2 4.1 at Christmas (though i wasn't there to pick it up), and my Starter 4.1 shipped out yesterday :cool:

Stoked to get it, but I've been down-trodden amidst long hours at the lab, and I actually head of town early Thursday, so while I may accept delivery of the knife before I leave, I may not be able to snap and post any pics of it or start working on a review for a while :( Oh, and I can confirm that YES that starter 4.1 with natural scales and the bow-drill divot and firesteel notch was indeed mine :D

As to your comment about the 4LE's, Jordyn actually contacted me about whether or not I would accept the 4.1 because I had called at a later date and asked that the bow-drill divot be excluded. I was glad to accept the knife, as I had only cancelled the divot with the thought that it might save time/effort getting it done, but I also mentioneds that i would be fine waiting for it to ship along with my 4LE and F2 4LE, but she implied that it would ship out alone :oops: Oh well. It would have been torture if a starter 4.1 and two 4LE's were all sitting there waiting for me :confused:

But they are indeed coming!!!

sryt95, Fancier, CataD and 3 others like this.
  10. chiral.grolim

chiral.grolim Universal Kydex Sheath Extension Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider

Dec 2, 2008
    Let's get some of the images from these instagram posts plugged in here:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    [​IMG]

https://scontent-ort2-1.cdninstagra...54_2066832896927498_4606930557622812672_n.mp4

Fancier and Silver Needle like this.
  12. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
    Congratulations Chiral, and thanks for posting the images.
    I have to admit that I'm getting a little bit excited at the evidence that knives are moving!

Silver Needle, Hard Knocks and Oyster like this.
  13. Hard Knocks

Oct 1, 2012
    Nice! Glad for you my friend!

14. Silver Needle

Silver Needle

Jul 14, 2014
    This is great news! Hope work calms down enough for you to enjoy and share thoughts on these knives!

15. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    Hopefully I will get around to it in the next couple of weeks. I was out of town for the last two, attending a wedding in LA. I was a bit surprised, the hottest it ever got was 68'F while I was there, most of the time it never even reached 60. Is this what all the "Global Warming" folk are warning against??

16. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    Instagram posts!!!!

[​IMG]

https://scontent-ort2-2.cdninstagra...634_567981000210735_6695608699615371707_n.mp4

17. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    supertac916 and Fancier like this.
  18. Fancier

Fancier

Jul 1, 2012
  19. chiral.grolim

Dec 2, 2008
    For those who don't follow the link:

[​IMG]