Information from Instagram and Facebook!

Well I am following on Instagram but I doubt I will get anything. Have never been lucky in winning anything my whole life.

Is IG an app?
sometimes...

surviveknives

I use windows, so I use the link above ^ to view and have it bookmarked. I have to go to my phone app to read and send DMs, but I can post using windows on a pc.

One thing about the instagram app on a phone is it accumulates all of the pics and videos that load when you open it. And the size of the app on your phone grows and grows, by 10s of MBs. So when you follow someone, you get all of their pic posts when you open it and it loads and the space increases. The only way to clear all of that space is to delete the ig app, the reinstall.

Last edited:
sometimes...

surviveknives

I use windows, so I use the link above ^ to view and have it bookmarked. I have to go to my phone app to read and send DMs, but I can post using windows on a pc.

One thing about the instagram app on a phone is it accumulates all of the pics and videos that load when you open it. And the size of the app on your phone grows and grows, by 10s of MBs. So when you follow someone, you get all of their pic posts when you open it and it loads and the space increases. The only way to clear all of that space is to delete the ig app, the reinstall.

I didn't know that. Does this apply to iPhone?

My phone is overloaded enough. That's a shame the IG app works that way... It would overwhelm most phones memory in a short time...

I didn't know that. Does this apply to iPhone?
Yes. Launch settings > general > usage > manage storage. I stopped following anyone and mine is using 75.6MB. If I were to delete the app, and reinstall, starting with a clean slate, it would be around 45MB.

Yes. Launch settings > general > usage > manage storage. I stopped following anyone and mine is using 75.6MB. If I were to delete the app, and reinstall, starting with a clean slate, it would be around 45MB.

I just checked. Mine shows 25.

I should have mentioned, the space taken will vary on how many pics you have uploaded and how many you are following. I read android has a clear cache function.

Sorry. Forgot to mention that I am not an active Instagram user and 25mb is a lot for someone who hardly uses Instagram.

Anyone with a smartphone should have at least 1 or 2 GB's extra. 25mb's is a very small fraction of a GB. I think it's 1000 mb to a GB.

This was on instagram, but I couldn't get a link to work so this is a screen shot from where it also appeared in the Facebook. Fresh from Aaron of Gideon's Tactical youtube channel. Hopefully it means a review soon!

Back