Informative Collector Site?

BF is great for various blade info however I was checking if there is a site that gives a breakdown of collectible vintage cold steel knives? Essentially showing either their value or just a good place to browse the vintage knives and get details on them? Here I need to already know which one I’m looking for, as I want to collect some others and like to have it more readily found

Thanks!

Never heard of one, not sure I would believe it without confirmation from other sources. I myself like the chase(I just got into knives a few years ago). You might try AZ Knives, they have lots of vintage knives but their prices seem rather high to me. The histories on here actually motivated me to start the pursuit.

I definitely like learning the history, that’s why I collect. It’s just too hard to choose a knife when the same model was produced multiple times and to pinpoint model and models I want to go after and learn about. It’s hard to figure out say pre 1980 stuff or purely 1970/1984 etc knives on the forum. With my SOGs there’s a collectors database I can look at , see ones I like them dive in more from there and with my case xx I just look at the price guide and see all knives made whatever year I’m currently after

I’ll check around and keep you posted if you like.
Thanks

I definitely like learning the history, that’s why I collect. It’s just too hard to choose a knife when the same model was produced multiple times and to pinpoint model and models I want to go after and learn about. It’s hard to figure out say pre 1980 stuff or purely 1970/1984 etc knives on the forum. With my SOGs there’s a collectors database I can look at , see ones I like them dive in more from there and with my case xx I just look at the price guide and see all knives made whatever year I’m currently after

I’ll check around and keep you posted if you like.
Thanks

Thanks, I need all the help I can get.
Steve

hattoricollector is a good starting point for just reference. other than that, I do not know many places. bladehq occasionally sells an old-school cold steel knife here and there, and then even after it is out of stock, they keep the page up with the price it sold for and everything. for example, there is an Arc Angel there with a 500-600 dollar price tag that says out of stock, but the page has been there forever it seems (and also is obvious that it was sold later than when they were in regular production, given the price tag). worthpoint may be worth checking out as well. and if nephron nephron meant Arizona custom knives by "AZ knives", I second that as a great source and resource, despite the admittedly high prices

Back