Inkosi ceramic ball worn….

Hey guys I took my inkosi apart today to clean and regrease and oil and while I was cleaning the lock bar I noticed the detent ball was worn to the point it has a fairly large flat spot on the side that rides the blade. The knife sees a lot of use and opening and closing and I’m feeling like it’s gonna wear to the point that the titanium will start rubbing the blade. I checked the lock up face of the detent and it isn’t all that worn which I didn’t expect it to be. Just curious if this is a problem or what but the knife opens and closes just fine and is so smooth.

The ceramic ball is much harder than the blade so there will be some wear but the knife should break in and settle. If the knife continues to move to the point it's rubbing send it in and CRK will take care of it.

A pic of the ball tract on the blade would help to see if any I have have a wide tract.

I, like others, would really like to see a picture of the wear!
That is a very good question.

I misread the original post. I thought he was saying that the ceramic was wearing into the blade causing the lock to move over. Now I see he's saying the ball is wearing which shouldn't happen because it's 97 HRC (if I remember correctly) while that blade steel will be low 60s at it's highest.

Is it possible that a ceramic ball might shatter or sheer off due to some defect in the ball?

Just curious if this is a problem or what but the knife opens and closes just fine and is so smooth.
Seems like it's not a problem. When/if it becomes one, then you can send it in to get fixed.

Could just be wear and tear or maybe the ceramic ball wasn't hardened correctly. I'd either shoot CRK an email or call them up.

Back