Inkosi Insingo - New Batch coming in September!!!

I've been waiting for a Wilson Starbenza-Inkozi Insigno, but it doesn't look like that's gonna' happen any time soon. So I guess when the Black Micarta Large Inkozi Insignos become available again, it'll be an auto-buy for me.

I woke up yesterday thinking I would get an Inkosi Insingo. My thinking was I like many features of my 25 compared to my Large Insingo but I like the blade shape on the Insingo. I had all but decided to part with the money and increase my CRK fleet by 50% to a total of three. Then something weird happened.

I decided to sharpen my Insingo. I took down the Insingo, placed the blade in my Wicked Edge, reprofiled to 17.5 degrees per side using the 400 grit stones and worked through all the progressions. The result was a mirrored edge and a great slicer. Then I added CRK oil and put it back together all while noticing the patina of my knife....the blue from my jeans on the plain Jane titanium slabs, the scratches on the blade, the snail trails, the stretched out lanyard, the clip I had to bend back after catching in the shop one day, etc. Through the process of cleaning and sharpening my Insingo I was reminded why I like that platform so much. I decided to hold off getting an Inkosi Insingo at least for now and stick with my Insingo, the one I have had for years and used so much.

We will see how long this new found attraction lasts. For now, none of my cash is enroute to Idaho.

what an awesome profile ! So glad CRK produced these. Can't wait to get mine!
Yeah I love how it looks. I think the insingo blade they use on the inkosi, with that little bit of extra belly really flows well with the aesthetics of the handle.

Placed my order the first day we could and finally got it today. It's perfect!View attachment 772925

Nice! USPS Tracking says that my Large Inkozi Insigno will be here Thursday.......maybe. I was trying to hold out for a Wilson "Star-kozi" Insigno to match my Starbenza 25, but I'm old & impatient, so I just ordered the plain. It's gonna get used anyway.

Nice! USPS Tracking says that my Large Inkozi Insigno will be here Thursday.......maybe. I was trying to hold out for a Wilson "Star-kozi" Insigno to match my Starbenza 25, but I'm old & impatient, so I just ordered the plain. It's gonna get used anyway.
The one I have is a small and I probably won't get a large inkosi until they make a Star-kosi. So far they haven't made any insingo Wilson Combats though so we may be in for a long wait for those.

I called Chris Reeve Knives yesterday to ask specifically about the Small Inkosi Insingo knives. They said they just sent a shipment out 2 days ago, so keep an eye out for them this week or next week. Some of the big vendors have just posted some new Large Inkosi Insingo's. If anyone sees any of the small versions before I do, please post the info so I can order one.... please. Thank You.

Just came today. I thought I should get a picture before it gets snail trails & scratches.
DSC_0013-X3.jpg

The only reason I'm not getting a large is because my first CRK is a large 21 insigno I still own and the inkosi would almost render it obsolete.

Wish some Lefties would show up.

Nice acquisitions, everyone.

Back