Inkosi vs Umnumzaan VS 25 Detent

Peakbagger46

Gold Member
I used to own a Umnumzaan that had a very light detent (part of the reason I sold it). I recently picked up a Sebenza 25 and the detent is very positive and perfect.

How does the detent on the large Inkosi compare to the other two? Are most Umnumzaan detents super soft or did I just get a bad one?

You had a bad one. On all four of mine, this will be difficult to explain, I have to overcome the detent to open it smoothly. I have to push up firmly and the blade jumps out of the detent hole, then back off the pressure being put so the blade doesn’t open uncontrolled, if that makes sense.
Don’t forget, the25 is going to have a stronger feel because of the pocket clip resting on it. When the pocket clip was moved on the Inkosi, the detent doesn’t feel as strong as the 25. I have found that a little week on the pivot will make it feel better.
IMO, the Inkosi is the smoothest CRK out of the box that doesn’t need a break in period. If you haven’t tried one, you need to. And this is coming from someone who has seven 25’s.

Back