Insingo blade shape development

Does anyone know if there was any explanation as to who developed the insingo blade shape? Or any information pertaining to how they came up with the shape? I'm also interested in finding out how chris reeve helped to develop the blade, was he a big role in making it? It's a very intriguing blade to use and one of my favorites for edc so I just wanted to learn more about it.

I think it was originally developed by someone associated with the (website) Knife Art, but my foggy memory could be failing me!
I'd love to know more if you can find sources, I've tried my luck at google but Im not very good at it haha.

”The knife that has become the Insingo was suggested by Rodney and Larry Connelly some months ago. “

Posted by Chris Reeve Knives on Dec 22 2009

From the KnifeArt website:

Insingo Blade Shape

The Insingo blade shape is our favorite blade shape in the CRK line and a favorite of many who love not only how it looks but also how it performs. It was developed by Chris Reeve and Rodney Connelley and has a curving edge that is ideal for slicing but it also has a more wide angle at the tip which gives it more strength.

One thing that people seem to notice is how unique this blade looks. It is also one that is great for food prep and works well for chopping and slicing due to its shape and angle. Stropping is better because it seems to hone well and for piercing, the swedge is perfect.

As far as disadvantages, some do not like that the belly is quite shallow and it has a very low point which might be a little restrictive for some needs. However, the tip is very strong which gives you a lot of leverage and many find the shape extremely comfortable to use. It is interesting to note that the word Insignio means razor and this description fits perfectly with this knife blade shape.

chris-reeve-knives-blade-shapes-drop-point-insingo-tanto-59.jpg

Back