Insingo or drop point? Trying to decide

clip point, for me it just follows the idea of the sebenza more, in the sense that the knife was designed to be a great performer in many areas. Whereas i feel the clip point follows that idea better than the insingo blade shape does. being that the insingo may excel in certain areas it also lacks in others, the clip point blade shape is more consistently great across the board. Which to me is what the sebenza as a knife is supposed to be

if you order directly from crk you can, only if you order an insingo, request a fitted standart blade for 135$ extra. if i remember correctly.
i think thats the cheapest way out of your misery ;)

thats what i will do for my second crk.
large lefthand micarta insingo -the knife of my dreams (its almost to get this configuartion online. so a direct order is actually the only way afaik)

Well guys I ordered a large, plain Insingo yesterday. Now The Wait begins. Should be here Thursday. I can't wait.

Well guys I ordered a large, plain Insingo yesterday. Now The Wait begins. Should be here Thursday. I can't wait.

That was my first CRK as well. I paid for 2 day shipping to get it on a Thursday. For me the thought of not having it for the weekend was too much for me to stand.

That was my first CRK as well. I paid for 2 day shipping to get it on a Thursday. For me the thought of not having it for the weekend was too much for me to stand.

That makes perfect sense to me. I seem to be the lucky customer that if the package is scheduled to arrive Friday, after painfully watching it crawl across the country through ever jerk water port of call and anxiously anticipating its arrival, somehow ... it always gets delayed until Monday.

Congratulations Terry M. great choice!

Congratulations! Excellent choice … (of course either one would have been).
I got my small Insingo last week, and I couldn't be more pleased.
Hope it gets there early!

Congratulation! Where did you ordered yours!

I am expecting my large Insingo, to be arrived from CRK tomorrow as well!

I ordered from GPKnives out of St Louis. Its closer to my home.

Nice Terry, nice able for you to order like from your neighbor! My closest neighbor, West Cost is over the Pacific, more then 3 thousand miles. But one good thing is, we learned to be patient! :)

Do post pics of your new toy!

Good that I dont have to create new thread.

Hey guys, another insingo vs drop point undecided buyer.

I want to buy Large Inkosi, but Im still deciding between insingo and drop point. I like look of drop point little more, but I think that insingo could be little more practicat.

The thing is, is the insingo noticeably practical? I want to do standart outdoorsy and edc stuff with it. So opening mail / cutting cake in the office, and sharpening sticks / preping food while on the trail with possible use as last line of defense when attacked by animal (I dont think that knives are good defense tools, but still having something in pocket is better than bare hand when needed). WHants your opinion what should I choose?

I like both, my 2 prefered knives are a small Inkosi DP and a large 21 insingo

The insingo blade shape is very functional and can perform at least as good as the DP on any tasks

The DP can be more standard but don’t hesitate on the insingo , it is a great blade design by CRK

I’ll second what Therom Therom said.....

On the Inkosi, I find the Insingo blade to be highly useful for piercing, slicing, cutting food, and performing general utility tasks. It cuts just as well as the drop point, and the unique design makes it effortless and allows for full use of the cutting surface.

I've got the drop point & now I'm looking at an insingo. So...
Buy both....yes.
How to make the critical decision? Eeny, meeny, miny, moe always works.

My first was a small drop point. Then an insingo small, then an Insingo Large, then a Drop point Large 21. The one I am left with is a Large 21 Drop point.

In my line of work my hands are always dirty, so the tip of the drop point is missed everytime I need to clean my nails. The Insingo is a wonderful blade to use, and carry for everything that needs cutting. For nail work, skinning game, and camping I much prefer the Large 21 with Drop point.

Insingo is very usefull - droppoint is optically more appealing.
ymmv

Completely agree. I first noticed the usefulness of the Insingo blade when cutting tight zip ties with my Inkosi where I had to use just the very tip of the blade. It’s still straight enough to cut at an odd angle and push through, whereas the drop point on my Sebenza at the same task was kind of rolling off the zip ties. Also, the small swedge on the Insingo has proven adept at scraping. I definitely like the looks of the drop point better, but the Insingo is hard to beat for actually using from my experiences.

Every CRK looks great but for EDC tasks the Insingo is just pure utility. Congrats!

Back