1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Boker Urban Trapper Cocobolo , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!
    Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday June 15!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, June 30 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Also, previous Live Stream Prize Pack winner, ooitzoo, has chosen to "pay it forward" with his knife that he won and is doing his own giveaway, check it out here: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/nib-cold-steel-prolite.1663761/

Insingo or traditional blade profile which is more useful to you?

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by cpd670, Dec 21, 2013.

1. rexromic

rexromic Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    Love them both :).

2. speedseeker

speedseeker

Nov 3, 2011
    On a large 21 I prefer the sweep of the normal blade over the Insingo. On the small 21 the Insingo really shines.

3. tomsch

tomsch Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Insingo in small all the way for me. Perfect weekend abuser and weekday office knife.

4. Sunby

Sunby

Jan 19, 2012
    I have both Sebenza 21 small and Insingo small but Insingo blade is more versatile for EDC
    but Looks wise I prefer Sebenza blade.

5. clockman

clockman Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 14, 2009
    I have both. I use and carry my large Insingo,but my 21s get more pocket time.

6. frontline29

frontline29

Oct 7, 2008
    I love them both and find them equally useful. The insingo is a little harder to clean dirt from my nails with however.

7. FordFan

FordFan

Dec 11, 2012
    I agree with Cody.....gotta have both. I have a Large Insingo and a 25. I carry them equally and like the both equally. Last two days it was my freshly sharpened Large Insingo. Tomorrow I plan to touch up my 25 and carry it for a few days.

8. humblerodent

humblerodent Gold Member Gold Member

May 28, 2011
    +1 for swapping blades is a bad idea. I tried it once and the result had -5% lockup, as in, the lock didn't even engage. These knives really are hand fit and it is a bad idea to mess with that. That being said, If you are planning on buying a 21 inlay and plain insingo anyways, why not keep them both and have 2 perfect knives? You'll probably end up getting both anyways.

9. u812

u812 Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 15, 2002
    I had one and thought I would really love it but turns out the regular blade shape works much better for me.