Instagram!

All, I spoke with John and I have his blessing. I'm going to try running an Instagram account for his business. If you are on Instagram, please look him up @jkhandmadeknives!
https://www.instagram.com/jkhandmadeknives/

Also, if anyone has any pictures they want shared on the page, please post them here. I think pictures of the knives in use are best, but any shots will work as long as they aren't offensive in any way. Please consider your posting here as permission for John and myself to share those images.

Feel free to post my pictures of my Bluegill! Good to see you on The Gram, John! I'm following already.

nkp6H8R.jpg

2YZtAYV.jpg

NvMH78v.jpg

My Insta handle is @sabosarge (for photo credits). I don't really post, though, just follow.

I've posted some photos on IG with #jkhandmadeknives I believe. Any particular hashtags we'e looking to use? Feel free to repost any from my IG page @harbormasterup. Now that I know there is a presence I will take more photos with it. Been doing kitchen chopping and after my last batch of onions I noticed that awesome blue patina coming through.

Feel free to post my pictures of my Bluegill! Good to see you on The Gram, John! I'm following already.

nkp6H8R.jpg

2YZtAYV.jpg

NvMH78v.jpg

My Insta handle is @sabosarge (for photo credits). I don't really post, though, just follow.

That's a gorgeous knife! Instagram would love those handles and pins...

I've posted some photos on IG with #jkhandmadeknives I believe. Any particular hashtags we'e looking to use? Feel free to repost any from my IG page @harbormasterup. Now that I know there is a presence I will take more photos with it. Been doing kitchen chopping and after my last batch of onions I noticed that awesome blue patina coming through.

I searched and found the #jkhandmadeknives and saw your posts earlier today. I would stick with that and maybe just tag John's page as well. I also started using #ktreat and every other # I can think of. #bushcraft seems to be the one that has drawn him the most attention so far haha.

I need to learn more about how it works. I figured out how to post pictures, but don't understand the # thing.

Hashtags are used like a search engine tag inside of Twitter/Instagram. If you search #bushcraft, every post with that hashtag will show up. Also, people will get suggestions for posts that are common to what they "Like". So, if I "like" a picture of say, an LT Wright knife that has the #bushcraft hashtag, Instagram may suggest to me a JK Knives picture that was also tagged with #bushcraft. Search Engine Output produces huge amounts of revenue for every business imaginable, so "tagging" as many things as your potential customers might relate to will create a content stream for them with your products.

Also, thanks T tall_papa ! John did an excellent job on my little Bluegill. I'll have to get some new pics up now that it's nice and patinated.

Following. I think this is a good move. JK knives look (and are) great and visual social media ought to be a winner. I will post some pics soon.

Last edited:
Back