INSTRUCTIONS FOR ORDERING. Please read!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a typical email I get.

Monkeyman@aol.com writes: Hey, Uncle, I want that PGA.

What PGA?

Who is Monkeyman?

Where am I to ship what?

How does Monkeyman intend to pay?

When you want to order something via email:

1) Tell me what you want. Be specific -- model and PGA number and date. Tie it down. Don't say I want that PGA.

2) Stick in your name and address even if you're an old timer. This lets me know who you really are instead of Monkeyman. And, if you stick the address in the email I can copy it right onto your mailing label and don't have to dig thru the files to find it.

3) Tell me how you want to pay -- I'm going to use paypal. I'm going to send a check. I'm going to buy something off the shopping site for an equal amount. I'm going to send you 2 cases of home brew as a trade. Send it COD.

Following this simple procedure will save us both time and effort and a lot of senseless emailing back and forth trying to tie the order down and loose ends up.

Call or Email with the following:

1 - Full Name
2 - Payment method
3 - Shipping Address
4 - Knife wanted

The first one to get all 4 right, gets it!

Thanks for good info Uncle. I'll make sure to follow this. Do you think this could be added to the top of page like Sparks' threads (ie, you can't reply to them and they stay right there like an FAQ)?

Excellent suggestions, Bill. I have similar problems with my tenants and it can be very frustrating.

"Bill this is Joe, that thing in the basement isn't working."

I think I've used some monkeyman techniques in the past. :(

Is Monkeymanh related to Wildmanh? :rolleyes:

Originally posted by BruiseLeee
Is Monkeymanh related to Wildmanh? :rolleyes:
I don't think so. I'm not the only Ellsworth interested in knives, but the only one I know of thats interested in Khukuris.

About 4 different nephews have sent samples of their home brew -- just never enough -- and a couple have sent samples of local beer. Like women, all good, some just better than others.

Paying that freight is the only way to get the real stuff here now. All bottled Guiness and (probably keg stuff too) sold in the US is now made by one of the big canadian brewers.

Do the "blems" and special deals come with the same lifetime warranty the normal knives come with?Does the warranty apply to the original owner only or does it go with the knife to the second or whatever owner that bought a used one?
Thanks

Do the "blems" and special deals come with the same lifetime warranty the normal knives come with?

Yes, unless otherwise stated.

Does the warranty apply to the original owner only or does it go with the knife to the second or whatever owner that bought a used one?

Original owner only. It used to go with the knife but crooks who bought the knife from the original owner at a reduced price, destroyed the knife and then asked for the original purchase price to be refunded ended that policy.

Uncle Bill - you (HI) have an excellent website with a fairly easy to follow order and checkout process. Unless I am missing a part of your goal (sales of product) - I would recommend you have all the monkeymen as well as other regular human customers use the process rather than encourage cutting corners. If they are literate enough to have a computer account then then can follow a checkout procedure. Just my 2 cents worth. Agree with me now and save time. :D

Darnit...I just did a "Monkeyman" about two minutes before reading this. It wasn't a bad one...I'd gotten three outta four I think...:D

Oh....so that's why the big bold letters say "important".....:footinmou

What about warranties on non HI village models?
Am I still correct in saying the blades are warranteed but the handles are not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back