Interesting 98OT Old Timer

Bhunter

Gold Member
Just recently purchased this knife and I opened the blade to find a Mink engraved on the front as well as some file work done on the backstraps. After some research I found that the mink engraving matches the blade of Schrade Parker-Frost contracted knives but I've never seen one on a old timer or the filework. It also has a different Old Timer shield and is numbered on the front right bolster of 074. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
_DSC7457 by Bb Bellon, on Flickr
_DSC7458 by Bb Bellon, on Flickr

Congratulations on receiving a put-together, maybe by employees at Schrade during the hectic days before the bankruptcy sale. You got a real honey! I think that it is great!

Just recently purchased this knife and I opened the blade to find a Mink engraved on the front as well as some file work done on the backstraps. After some research I found that the mink engraving matches the blade of Schrade Parker-Frost contracted knives but I've never seen one on a old timer or the filework. It also has a different Old Timer shield and is numbered on the front right bolster of 074. Any information on this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
_DSC7457 by Bb Bellon, on Flickr
_DSC7458 by Bb Bellon, on Flickr
Cant tell size- is that like a 34ot with something on the blade and back?!

Back