International postage issue

Hey to all .
I am just making ye aware that some countries in euro zone are not taking any packages from usa Ireland being g one for definite .
I ordered a couple of items one over so th and a half ago namely a friday the 13th hockey mask always wanted on says its left atlanta on the 3rd of last month and no updates since .
Also I ordered a nalpak 6 knife edc case same story was in atlanta a couple of weeks ago and no updates since now I have been informed that other members have had purchases returned by usps .
Mine hasn't been returned so i am in a pickle with two items just a heads up.
I wouldn't like to see anyone else in the same predicament .
Screwed my plans up a bit hopefully sorted soon hope ye are all safe n well

Hey to all .
that some countries in euro zone are not taking any packages from usa
Is this an established fact or are you deducing this from long delivery time?

I ordered a couple of items one over so th and a half ago namely a friday the 13th hockey mask always wanted on says its left atlanta on the 3rd of last month and no updates since .
Also I ordered a nalpak 6 knife edc case same story was in atlanta a couple of weeks ago and no updates since
Not unusal at all in view of the current debacle.
Unless you know for sure, that 'some countries in the euro zone are not taking packages from USA,' it most likely will eventually turn up. It just takes longer these days - you just gotta be patient.

Is this an established fact or are you deducing this from long delivery time?

Not unusal at all in view of the current debacle.
Unless you know for sure, that 'some countries in the euro zone are not taking packages from USA,' it most likely will eventually turn up. It just takes longer these days - you just gotta be patient.
No I saw a list of countries and usa packages aren't meant to be left into ireland at the moment .
Packets and envelopes yeah .
And tourists lol.
Just a heads up is all hopefully it's all sorted soon

Well just an update it seems the post has started again as I received the first package I ordered, this morning it was meant to be a packet and it was a box a big box so I dunno what the hell is goin on because I also spoke to my postman yesterday and he said they weren't taking packages but obviously they are if its here ....
I hope I didnt stress anyone out as I was goin by the info I had been provided with

Well just an update it seems the post has started again as I received the first package I ordered, this morning it was meant to be a packet and it was a box a big box so I dunno what the hell is goin on because I also spoke to my postman yesterday and he said they weren't taking packages but obviously they are if its here ....
I hope I didnt stress anyone out as I was goin by the info I had been provided with
Told ya;)

Delivery times are just way out at the moment.

I ordered some things from overseas, namely the US, some arrived normally others had a much longer wait. Almost 2 months for one.

They all arrived in the end.

To be fair another member had issues also and I did c the restrictions list and packages from usa were on it but not letters or packets?
My hockey mask was listed as a packet but came in a large box which was surprising but also the apps and web pages aren't the best for updates I also got no reply as if this restriction was still in place from the irish carrier .
Cant wait for my nalpak case just got a storm im2500 keep the sprogs away from sharp stuff 6 young boys lol

Right now everything is a bit jumbled up. I had a package that was coming from a family member in Pennsylvania. Probably 400 miles away total. The package went from Pennsylvania to Iowa to Minnesota to Wisconsin to Illinois to Columbus Ohio to Detroit Michigan and then finally to Wauseon Ohio. That was with it being sent 2 Day Priority mail. I could have rode a horse to Pennsylvania and back in less time than it took for it to get here. Post office claims that it is due to lack of workers. Seems like basic geography might be more of the problem. I mean Pennsylvania borders Ohio. It is one state west. Why it had to take a tour of the midwest is beyond me. Oh well, at least it finally arrived.

Garth

I just had a package ship from my state to Missouri, and now it's been in Georgia for 3 days. But I guess that's how the big shippers do it.

Had another get all the way to Mississippi for ups and it stayed there for 10 days until I got a refund. Was told if it ever shows up and I want it to let them know so they can charge me for it.

I had a box shipped from Chicago with $400 of Scotch in it - Ordered in the morning and was delivered in about 24hrs - It's supposed to be signature required, they left it on the porch LOL! ~ FedEx is awesome! I talked to a buddy who is a FedEx driver, he said they are "social distancing" not getting signatures - It's good thing I'm not 15 again with my mom's CC and aware of this new rule :D

BTW Garth - I am expecting a delivery .... hint hint :p

Post is a mess at the minute. I had packages returned to senders via USPS no real explaination given believed to be lack of flights to Ireland so had to use UPS instead but that worked out costly.I've just decided to not buy much till it works itself out.
But Canada seems good, no problem using there post service.

Usps has had a regulator i purchased from texas. Im in BC canada 21 days now since last update when it was in transit from local el paso post.. also had another package with a sr r3 also from texas shipped 4 days after the regulator and it arrived a week ago. Sat in MTL customs for a day and next day showed up at my door with no tracking updates..its all a mess ...

I'm sorry to hear that and thanks for the heads up. I just shipped a package from PA to France without tracking or insurance (with customer's approval) and it was received within a week :eek: I had no clue it would arrive so quickly. FYI if it's designated as a "camp tool" it makes it easier on customs. Or sometimes it could be collectible cutlery. I find that how you designate an item can make a big difference.

Never had an issue before to Ireland and have had plenty of Camping tools arrive usually only take about a week New York straight flight to Dublin, nothing illegal about it. It looks like someone in New York Customs started making an issue out of it. 2 returned in a week or so. It said for ground or sea transport. Ground isn't possible and sea doesn't appear to be an option.
Another member in England had a similiar issue but he's received one by air since. Might try again.

Never had an issue with a Busse , my two returned were an REK Quarantine and a Carothers fk2 pre-order. Both legal here both descriptions the same as what Busse use but no one can get a straight answer from USPS. An Post ( Irish Postal service) think it's a flight shortage problem but agree it's not prohibited.

Last edited:
Back