Interrupting Stan Shaw's Marmalade Sandwich

Wow
That awesome man is still going strong!
What an amazing life this fantastic Gentleman has had. I hope that perhaps Stans Daughter May read this and reiterate our thanks and good wishes to Stan.

Thank you Jack for the continuance of keeping us informed how Stan is going. :thumbsup:

I thought I would re-surface this thread with a recently acquired Ibberson made by Stan Shaw. Charles (Chuko) owned this knife and posted it previously: "An Ibberson 4 blade shadow senator in MOP, marked inside with SS-57. Built by Stan Shaw in 1957." Photos are by John Ferguson. Ibberson was one of the early adopters of stainless.

pyzSp1n.jpg
S30XTs7.jpg
XHIUxhV.jpg
3q9Y89Y.jpg
oCUO5mS.jpg
HKSiQuu.jpg
LB6KDnT.jpg

I thought I would re-surface this thread with a recently acquired Ibberson made by Stan Shaw. Charles (Chuko) owned this knife and posted it previously: "An Ibberson 4 blade shadow senator in MOP, marked inside with SS-57. Built by Stan Shaw in 1957." Photos are by John Ferguson. Ibberson was one of the early adopters of stainless.

pyzSp1n.jpg
S30XTs7.jpg
XHIUxhV.jpg
3q9Y89Y.jpg
oCUO5mS.jpg
HKSiQuu.jpg
LB6KDnT.jpg

Beautiful photos of that gorgeous knife Mike :) By coincidence, I just rang Stan, but he must have been out in his workshop. Hope he's doing OK, I've been meaning to ring him for ages. It's his birthday in a few days :thumbsup:

Thanks Jack. I could never take photos that nice of pearl. I have been wondering how Stan is these days and tried googling him for recent news, but nothing really came up. What a national treasure he is. It was nice going through this thread again.

Thanks Jack. I could never take photos that nice of pearl. I have been wondering how Stan is these days and tried googling him for recent news, but nothing really came up. What a national treasure he is. It was nice going through this thread again.

I'll try giving Stan a ring again later Mike. I should call him more often, but both he and his wife are getting on, and I always worry about them having to get up to answer the phone. Stan wasn't too well at the beginning of the year, and even he hasn't seen one like this one before. The museum, where he has a workshop, has been closed, but Stan has his own door. I don't know if he will have gone in though, except perhaps to take care of his tools, and take work home. He gave up driving after cataract operations last year, so is reliant on his daughter and son-in-law to take him there, and he does most of his actual work in his home workshop anyway. I used to see him regularly at one time, and miss that.

It was nice to see this thread reappear, a shame so many of the photos are no longer in place :( :thumbsup:

Thanks Jerry. I have been thinking about our times at Blade after Tony passed recently. Also thanks to Jack for posting pictures (I wish I had as much hair left as Stan has) and providing more info on him. I do hope he is well.

Thanks Jerry. I have been thinking about our times at Blade after Tony passed recently. Also thanks to Jack for posting pictures (I wish I had as much hair left as Stan has) and providing more info on him. I do hope he is well.

While it's white now, Stan still has just s much hair as when he was young Mike :) Until last year, a feller called Pete Goss used to have the workshop next to Stan at the museum. He had been there longer than Stan, and forged surgical instruments, scissors, and latterly bespoke wedding rings. Stan used his forge to do his HT. Pete has a great sense of humour, and one day, when I was with Stan, Pete brought a young couple to meet him (they were ordering wedding rings). As I opened the door to let them in, Pete immediately pointed at Stan's hair, and loudly proclaimed, "That's a wig that!" :D :thumbsup:

A shame I don't have a photo of them together, but this is Pete :thumbsup:

maxresdefault.jpg

Me as well Mike, bittersweet memories. It will never be the same without him.

Wow!! What a Stunning Knife Mike, that Pearls activity is insane! a nice treasure to have from a friend Mike, well done.
Jack- I saw this Thread title again on page one and I was lifted! I think that this Thread title is one of the absolute best - Please when you see Stan- wish him a Happy Birthday from that Kiwi Couple, I hope that amazing man has quite a few more- and always in good health and spirit.

Fantastic post Gents, Thank you!

Jack- I saw this Thread title again on page one and I was lifted! I think that this Thread title is one of the absolute best - Please when you see Stan- wish him a Happy Birthday from that Kiwi Couple, I hope that amazing man has quite a few more- and always in good health and spirit.

Fantastic post Gents, Thank you!

I passed on your best my friend, and have just sent you a PM :thumbsup:

nnnvLmU.jpg

Back