6BEqaeC.jpg

9eHwIQJ.jpg

5Wz6yvT.jpg

xE6KuAu.jpg

MtbH2lB.jpg

Stan's bench in January 2016:

K1ErwgS.jpg

Last edited:
After Stan was awarded the British Empire Medal in the 2017 New Year's Honour's List, he had a small new 'B.E.M.' stamp made. It was first used on the 24th April 2017:

QealIWt.jpg

The split-springs from which Lobster Knives get their name, together with some pretty fancy cover materials, including a re-purposed antique ivory paper knife/page turner I gave Stan.

d1JWOAE.jpg

Some of Stan's Rase Knives.

NbOnCSD.jpg

Some fancy Whittlers.

4rLgtI4.jpg

Stan's bench in December 2018.

JkMdtP3.jpg

LCHl6Qf.jpg

r9YrEiM.jpg

Last edited:
Some of Stan's knives were once on display in one of the Sheffield Museums. The fact they are no longer on display is something that has saddened him greatly :(

PPh8cVP.jpg

nkC0hb8.jpg

Stan featured in this advertisement for Ibberson's from 1977.

UKRltRB.jpg

Last edited:
After Stan left Ibberson's, he was at various firms before he eventually set up shop for himself (even then he still made knives for other firms), and was a foreman at Wostenholm (which he hated) at the time this large 'Schrade-Wostenholm' Stockman was made. Having been given some of the old parts for the knife a few years back, he made me one up in Buffalo Horn in April 2017 :thumbsup:

mMWqoFL.jpg

nyf33pO.jpg

uv0uRrd.jpg

muShq0P.jpg

No you don't, and that is the price we pay for what people call convenience. Or, our throw away society. We, and when i say we, i mean our previous generations, used to be taught by their elders or were self taught to make, mend and fix things. And this so called recycling that is claimed to be the domain of the generations of the last couple of decades was going on well before i was born, and i'm an old man. My grandparents and my parents generations stored away all sorts of stuff, to recycle and use later if they needed to fix things. When we had garbage collection day, which was once a week, everyone had a steel rubbish bin, that was it. There was no plastic, and no recycling extra bin. We took all the glass lemonade bottles back to the shop to get the deposit, and the garbos' took all the beer bottles which were sold back to the brewery to be cleaned and reused. And any glass jar was cleaned and stored by mum to fill with jams and pickles and stuff. Sorry to get off topic, but just wanted to point out that i don't think we are as smart as we think we are. But i do think that people are realizing, that craftsman who can make things by hand and not mass produced are to be utilized and they are starting to make a comeback. People after losing the plot and filling their houses with junk are coming around to the old theory " You Get What You Pay For ". Well some anyway.o_O:rolleyes:;):)
Very well said... :cool::thumbsup:

Thanks for posting all the photos, Jack. You’ve got a nice little collection of Stan’s knives! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back