Interview with T. M. Hunt - The M-18

I met Mr. Hunt at Ethan Becker's Fall Gathering in 2012. I was very impressed by the thought that goes into his design and the execution. I bought a ton of his stuff.

IMG_2442.jpg

The pink handled one went to my wife.

Here is a video of an interview I did with Mr. Hunt about the features of the M-18.

[video=youtube;CEio2RP6-vI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEio2RP6-vI[/video]

Enjoy!

Awesome interview. I don't know if id nessisarily call the chopping scenes gracefull, but it sure was humourous to watch. I also must say we had the most lovely cameraman (I mean camerawoman) I've ever met. I hope she finds her pink knife usefull. It sure was a pleasure meeting you both, and little Nelly too. I hope we can do a meeting at my shop sometime as we mentioned, and if you feel compelled to bring some of that delicious bacon, then I accept;)

Awesome interview. I don't know if id nessisarily call the chopping scenes gracefull, but it sure was humourous to watch. I also must say we had the most lovely cameraman (I mean camerawoman) I've ever met. I hope she finds her pink knife usefull. It sure was a pleasure meeting you both, and little Nelly too. I hope we can do a meeting at my shop sometime as we mentioned, and if you feel compelled to bring some of that delicious bacon, then I accept;)

Gretchen loves the pink knife. She is already carrying/using it. My green handled version of the same went into my bag today as EDC.

The most likely time for me to come out there is going to be this winter when I can't talk any of my buddies into doing winter camping with me. I'm curious about the tools you bought. I'm not likely to get too far into stock removal knifemaking, but a lot of the stuff you have would be very useful to me. What I really want is a way to take designs from my computer and cut them out of metal. Currently I have to hand fabricate all of that stuff with saws, files and hammers.

Gretchen loves the pink knife. She is already carrying/using it. My green handled version of the same went into my bag today as EDC.

The most likely time for me to come out there is going to be this winter when I can't talk any of my buddies into doing winter camping with me. I'm curious about the tools you bought. I'm not likely to get too far into stock removal knifemaking, but a lot of the stuff you have would be very useful to me. What I really want is a way to take designs from my computer and cut them out of metal. Currently I have to hand fabricate all of that stuff with saws, files and hammers.

That's funny. I don't know how big of a operation you think I am. But that's how I do it to. Saws, and files. The most common models I have just go from my drawings and then made into a template that's transffered to the stock. Then is all saw from there. Granted I do have a bandsaw but it sure isn't any fun. But that's the way we roll. I'm currently in descussion with a local gentleman on cnc cutting but nothing has developed yet. It sure would cut down on my time and help me produce more knives. If you haven't seen it. Click on my shop tour on my subforum and check the place out.

That's funny. I don't know how big of a operation you think I am. But that's how I do it to. Saws, and files. The most common models I have just go from my drawings and then made into a template that's transffered to the stock. Then is all saw from there. Granted I do have a bandsaw but it sure isn't any fun. But that's the way we roll. I'm currently in descussion with a local gentleman on cnc cutting but nothing has developed yet. It sure would cut down on my time and help me produce more knives. If you haven't seen it. Click on my shop tour on my subforum and check the place out.

It is just that your stuff is so finely crafted it looks like it was done by machine. I know I couldn't come close to what you do with the hand tools I possess. I need to get out there and see all of this.

The 15 second version of the above video:

[video=youtube;d5InoaVLWOI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5InoaVLWOI[/video]

I'm calling my Academy Award now before all the Oscar buzz begins.

Hell were all movie stars! I just can't believe Murph could talk for 2 seconds without getting bleeped!

Just having the blanks water-jetted would really cut down on the labor intensity. Laser cutting them hardens the edges, but the water jet doesn't.

Hell were all movie stars! I just can't believe Murph could talk for 2 seconds without getting bleeped!

We had a few conversations that lasted more than 2 seconds without any cussing...several that didn't, but still a few that did.

Back