Introducing Ms. Knives

Mrs. Big Chris

Big Chris and I have decided to take our daughter, Ashlyn, out of the preschool program she has been in this year. Chris will be continuing her education at home until she can start kindergarten at my school in the fall.

Ashlyn is super excited and asked if she can call Chris Ms. Knives while they are learning. (When learning the names of people in her family, she always referred to Chris as Big Chris Custom Knives, hence Ms. Knives).

Think of Chris tomorrow as he is educating our future and possibly throwing in some knifemaker lessons as well.

Hang in there big guy, it will be worth it in the end I'm sure. :)
My memories of pre-school are practically pre-historic, but if they'd included knifemaking lessons I'd probably have paid a lot more attention!

Wish you all well, it will be worth it. I enjoy not only his knives, but all the info you guys share about your family and goings on. Family is what counts and I wish you God's continued blessings. :D

Thanks guys.
I enjoy and cherish every minute I get with them, although some are not the best.
Day one of Big Chris Academy went very good, but day 2 was not quite as uneventful.
Taking a slightly different approach today. We will see how things progress.

Best of luck on the homeschooling. I wish I could have stayed home with my old man to talk knives - sounds awesome. :)

So far, the homeschooling is going well. Chris has really been working on number identification, counting, and writing. She read her first book last week which I thought was amazing. If our temps could only get up above freezing, Chris could get her out in the garage for some shop time.

That shop time is definitely needed by us all. Last time they were in the shop they found some sidewalk chalk. Now there are red, pink, blue, yellow, and even more pink splotches all over the floor. Every workspace needs a splash of color though.

Back