Introducing my new "Strop in a Can"

1541905790_tmp_012.jpg 1541905938_tmp_008.jpg 1541906014_tmp_029.jpg 1541906080_tmp_033.jpg 1541906133_tmp_066.jpg 1541906292_tmp_080.jpg
Hey folks,

I designed these new strops specifically for the bushcraft and survival/prepper communities. Hunters should find them really handy too! They are an ultra light single layer stop that rolls up into a very small, lightweight & portable package. Available in two sizes: 1.25" wide X 12" stropping surface and 1.5" X 14" stropping surface. The small one comes in a tin measuring 2-1/8" X 1-1/2" and weighs only 54 grams (1.9 ounces). The larger model comes in a container that is 2-3/8" X 1-7/8" in size weighing only 76 grams (2.7 ounces).

Each end has a paracord wrist loop that goes around one hand. The opposite end can attach to anything from a trailer hitch ball to a small tree branch. The Orange loop is slightly smaller than the Black, so it will accommodate folks with different size hands both with and without gloves.

In an emergency, either container can also be used to make charcloth. They are the perfect ultralight option for keeping tools sharp in the field.

I'm doing a pass around to get some feedback. Here's a link to it if anyone here is interested in participating. Thanks!
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads...und-samples-of-my-new-strop-in-a-can.1622987/]

Last edited:
That is one sweet idea.

Btw, is the canned strop in oil or water? Is it dolphin safe? :p

Last edited:
Just a quick review. I received my strop in a can last week from B Brommeland and was hoping to use it for hunting season, but you actually have to harvest a big game animal, otherwise they don’t take kindly to being skinned and quartered.

Today I took an old Western Field Knife that was pretty sharp and I worked on some wood for a bit. It was still sharp but cutting paper took a little more technique and finesse to do it cleanly. I ran the blade over the strop about 10-12 times and paper cutting was once again effortless. I got the small strop because I was thinking it’d be perfect in my hunting pack. I think this thing is going to be about perfect to keep in my pack or truck when a quick touch up makes work easier. Perhaps a longer one would be better suited for a fillet knife if you’re taking care of a bucket full of crappie but the smaller one would definately work.

I have some heavy rubber conveyor belt I need to cut up for a project, if my buddy ever drops it off. I’ll use one of my pocket knives on it and run it over the strop to see how it does and I’ll report back.

A950247-F-5708-4-EB2-806-C-8469-FBB9-BAC7.jpg

Back