Introducing The 535 Bugout

What's wrong with S30v from my experience its a great blade steel . What do you plan on using it for ?
There isn't anything wrong with S30V. I just have been spoiled by the edge retention on my M390 (and equivalent steel) knives.

Not to mention that I am at the point where I have enough knives in my collection. The only reason I would buy this knife is to replace my Benchmade Kulgera for office carry. Even then, the only reason I want to replace the Kulgera is that I'm not as fond of the combo edge any longer.

Fair enough , I was curious because S30v holds a edge well and sharpens easy and has excellent corrosion resistant qualities also . For a office knife I think it would be more then you need .
But I am also a big fan of m390 but mainly just so I can say its m390 :D

Fair enough , I was curious because S30v holds a edge well and sharpens easy and has excellent corrosion resistant qualities also . For a office knife I think it would be more then you need .
But I am also a big fan of m390 but mainly just so I can say its m390 :D
It's cardboard that I find dulls S30V much more quickly than M390. I also love to keep my blades extremely sharp, so I like to have that "bite" that freshly sharpened knives have as long as possible.

It's cardboard that I find dulls S30V much more quickly than M390. I also love to keep my blades extremely sharp, so I like to have that "bite" that freshly sharpened knives have as long as possible.
On any knife even M390 depending on how heavy the use I'll hit it a couple times of week on my leather strop block with some green compound .
Like you my knives have to be hair popping sharp even the ones I don t carry . With that being said I find myself stropping them just as often regardless of the blade steel and that way there always sharp and rarely need to hit them on my edge pro .
I enjoy stropping them almost as much as carrying, using and collecting them.

Almost complete. Minor detials to touch up. Good enough for pics.

Hints of blue in the carbon fiber shred. It did not show in this light. It is not very pronounced.

PS - Thanks to DOAT for helping me out with the Blue CF shred slabs!
3TMdboA.jpg

4ntLuet.jpg

zz5a2nx.jpg

2eqWe55.jpg

This is gorgeous. Message me when you are ready to make another just like it!

I'm two weeks into owning and carrying the 535. I can't stop. It carries like it's not a knife at all, and cuts like a knife twice as big. The "flex" thing? I haven't noticed it once. I see that I can get it to flex if I want to squeeze it just so, but that's not how I use the knife, so it's a non-issue.

Usually I just pick up whatever knife is lying about and head out the door, but now I search this one out for the daily EDC. Great work, Benchmade.

We have a limited run of these in our proprietary Rogue Forged Carbon, we have 5 knives in the works in the shredded with blue liner that were order a few weeks back. We do a lot of bugouts, we usually have them in stock ready to ship but had 40 orders to build over the weekend
PYfyY1x.jpg

We have a limited run of these in our proprietary Rogue Forged Carbon, we have 5 knives in the works in the shredded with blue liner that were order a few weeks back. We do a lot of bugouts, we usually have them in stock ready to ship but had 40 orders to build over the weekend
PYfyY1x.jpg
When will they be in stock and how much ?

hC7Gs20.jpg

Very nice knife
Didn't carry much for the short deep carry clip though
I guess that's part of making the knife you own

I've finally got one on the way. I can't wait to try it out.

Very nice knife
Didn't carry much for the short deep carry clip though
I guess that's part of making the knife you own

I would swap you a normal deep carry for your short deep carry if you are willing. I would cover the shipping. I prefer the shorter clips. I have a deep carry in black and one in satin. Also, I will have one in PVD (like DLC) coating in a coupke weeks. I sent some stuff out to be coated. PM me if interested - your inbox is full.

I've finally got one on the way. I can't wait to try it out.
I like mine so much, I ordered the part serrated version to try as well.

Velitrius, I totally agree with your points, it seems to do as much as my Griptilian, in a much smaller, lighter package. The small clip works great for me, as I seem to be in and out of a variety of vehicles all day. The big lanyard hole works great for the big ol' lanyard I attached to it; the blue makes for great color combo possibilities and is also very "friendly" looking.

I'm definitely ready for Benchmade to kick out some variants!

I would swap you a normal deep carry for your short deep carry if you are willing. I would cover the shipping. I prefer the shorter clips. I have a deep carry in black and one in satin. Also, I will have one in PVD (like DLC) coating in a coupke weeks. I sent some stuff out to be coated. PM me if interested - your inbox is full.
cleaned up my in box
sent you a pm
Thanks

It's a testament to how awesome this knife is when the "what is your favorite EDC?" thread has four responses for the Bugout so far in 2.5 pages and the knife was just released

Here's hoping the Bugout is popular enough that Benchmade decides to do some Sprint runs. Maybe M390 or M4 steel and G10 scales? Maybe run a bargain model in 154CM and a different color of grivory?

Even when I carry another knife, this one is also carried. This is a great knife. So light weight that wherever you carry it, it disappears. I see these go in and out of stock fairly quickly at different dealers, so they have to be very popular.

Back