Introducing The 535 Bugout

I hear some replies so far akin to: "If it had better steel" and "Something better than Grivory like G-10 or Carbon Fiber"...

I have to say that I got no problem with S30V... (Hell, I never had an issue with 154CM or AUS-8 for corn's sake)

I got no problem with the Grivory neither. I can't seem to break it, or discolor it, or have it fall apart at inopportune moments.

I really have no reason to like this knife this much... but I can't see any real complaints that should prevent a purchase by anyone.

Agreed. I've never owned a Benchmade that couldn't cut as designed. One has to remember that 440c was the choice of many custom makers, and is still around in the offerings as a good blade steel. As far as handle scale material goes, one of my first purchases was a 530, I do think it was in 440c and definitely in Grivory. Used it heavily for years and it never complained. (To me at least...) ;)

Bugout.jpg
Well ventured down to Going Gear today and ended up walking out with a new Bugout. Really impressed with this knife. As noted their is some flex, but it's no worse than the FRN on my Delica that's been in use for several years. While I'd prefer G10 I now doubt I'll replace it with aftermarket scales. Edge came plenty sharp, but I still decided to touch it up a bit. Guy behind the counter said they're selling well as they are already on their 2nd order of Bugouts.

I kinda like that I snagged a "First Production" marked Bugout, it looks like they are probably all out on the market already.

I think the last time I liked a new knife this much, it was a CRK inkosi (so I paid a lot more for the feeling, is my point).

Well soon I will be in the bug out crowd. Just ordered one so it will be on the way.
For some reason I'm very excited and looking forward to get my paws on one lol . May have to do with
Trying to find one in stock for the last week or so and the good reviews :)

Well mine just arrived and I must say I'm very impressed with it . Amazingly light, great feel in hand. No blade play, excellent blade centering to.
I think BM knocked it out of the park with this one.
Uc8okf8.jpg

All good news! Mine is delayed until tomorrow,this should make a great edc knife.

This is a great looking little knife. The price has me questioning it, but I'm very tempted still. I love the S30V.

Just a update ..
It's breaking in nicely . I ran it tight as it arrived to allow for break-in. After a day or so backed off the pivot screw a touch. Blade wouldn't freefall with out a strong flick. After another day just left it alone and it's perfect.
Very smooth with just a little flick after releasing lock bar and it closes nicely. Same with opening just a thumb flick and it fired open or lock bar release flick . Lock up is still rock solid with no play in any direction.
Loving this little blade that feels big in hand .Edge is razor and hair popping sharp from the factory. A little toothy but that can be a good thing :thumbsup:
ZrQ4VZ9.jpg

Amazing job Benchmade!!!

Last edited:
Received mine this afternoon, I can't remember when I was so satisfied with a knife purchase.
This is exactly what I've been looking for. A light weight thin edc,the closest knife I have to this Bugout, is my trusty Delica.
Last week I snagged a Caly3 hap40 a real beauty, for whatever reason, I'm more excited about the Bugout.

You guys are pushing me over the top on this one. I've been looking for a good/light knife I could wear in gym shorts, etc.

I gave away my 531,I found the up sweep on the butt of the knife dug into the palm of my hand.
The handle on BO is much more comfortable, for me that is. :)

You guys are pushing me over the top on this one. I've been looking for a good/light knife I could wear in gym shorts, etc.

I don't even realize it's there in my gym shorts or my very lightweight hiking pants. That's how crazy light this knife is. It's just awesome

I was leaning towards the 531 for G10 but this is winning me over...
I gave away my 531,I found the up sweep on the butt of the knife dug into the palm of my hand.
I was also leaning towards the 531 before this came out. It seems to fix all of the ergonomic issues I had with the 531. But I'm still going to hold out for better steel and G10.

Went to my local dealer and he had a 531 in stock. You're right, that back sweep didn't work for me either.

Back