Introducing The 535 Bugout

Sure glad you have a local,that your able to at least do a try out.
I'm pretty much at the mercy of YouTube reviews and blade forums.

Sure glad you have a local,that your able to at least do a try out.
I'm pretty much at the mercy of YouTube reviews and blade forums.
Well mercy mercy here's some more forum input for you :)
I've got a nice little modest collection of blades and yes it's early on in the honeymoon but this little jewel hasn't missed one day of my EDC .
Yes everyone's hand is different so every knife will feel different to each individual. This one will fit the bill for most imo.
That being said I agree all the reviews and forum input in the world won't compare to getting one on your hand for yourself to decide :thumbsup:

Considering ,how many knives I have purchased online, read reviews and the tube I'd say only a few didn't make it for me.
All I can say is this is exactly what I've been looking for , I don't even mind the color :p

Just got one--went to a store that sells kitchen equipment to get a few things and discovered they had an impressive display of Benchmades, including the Bugout. I looked at two examples, both had excellent grinds, near perfect centering and slightly stiff locks. I picked the one with the better centering, but I would have been happy with either one. The lock is already just about where I like it, just from being opened and closed a few dozen times. Makes my 940-1 feel like a heavyweight. I got it to keep on my bicycle, but it just might replace the 940 for every day.

Just got one--went to a store that sells kitchen equipment to get a few things and discovered they had an impressive display of Benchmades, including the Bugout. I looked at two examples, both had excellent grinds, near perfect centering and slightly stiff locks. I picked the one with the better centering, but I would have been happy with either one. The lock is already just about where I like it, just from being opened and closed a few dozen times. Makes my 940-1 feel like a heavyweight. I got it to keep on my bicycle, but it just might replace the 940 for every day.
You'll be amazed how smooth the action gets once it breaks in .
There a great little knife with a big Spirit :D

How dare you say it will replace the legendary 940! :D :eek:

My faithful go-to EDC has been a Spyderco Delica for several years. Other knives will rotate in as favorites, but the Delica always emerges as my favorite. The closest contender so far has been my Benchmade 531. I can already tell that my Bugout has become a part of my go-to EDC knives.

Too soon to tell if it will replace my 940-1. Probably not, because the Bugout is not a whole lot lighter and the 940 melts into the hand so nicely and is a bit slimmer in the pocket. Plus I really appreciate the texture and beauty of the CF on the -1. Then there's the S30V vs S90V issue... However, there are plenty of times when I can see preferring the Bugout. I have not done a lot of cutting with it yet, just broke down some boxes and used it in the kitchen as a paring knife. The high flat grind and thin blade stock has performed superbly so far.

The Bugout has started calling me. When I first saw it I wasn't interested at all, but now I'm starting to think it's the perfect EDC size for me.
I have a 707 that is slightly too small and I'm not too found of the 154CM, and aluminium handles isn't my thing. My current no 1 EDC is a 551-1, but while I love everything about it, it's a bit large as EDC for me (office environment and all). 3.24" should be the happy meduim between the 707 and the 551.
Still not sure about the Grivory handle, but maybe...

The Bugout has started calling me. When I first saw it I wasn't interested at all, but now I'm starting to think it's the perfect EDC size for me.
I have a 707 that is slightly too small and I'm not too found of the 154CM, and aluminium handles isn't my thing. My current no 1 EDC is a 551-1, but while I love everything about it, it's a but large as EDC for me (office environment and all). 3.24" should be the happy meduim between the 707 and the 551.
Still not sure about the Grivory handle, but maybe...
The Grivory handle feels very good in hand with nice traction but not to aggressive . As in many other areas in the office it should make a great companion .

It'll grow on you :D

Let me give my initial impressions (for what they're worth :D )

The Bugout wasn't supposed to get here until tomorrow but it made it a day early. I was surprised to see a USPS Priority Box in the mail today so I knew the knife gods were smiling upon me.

I opened the box and was immediately disappointed. Man, this knife is thin and I knew it would be. I sold my 940 because it was too slim all the way around for me. My hope was that the handle was taller and the thinness wouldn't be as noticeable. I put the knife down and thought, ok, give it some time before you get hasty. I carry a Grip everyday and really like the filling handle. I came inside and started handling the knife again. I will say that TheFactor TheFactor is correct, the blue is going to grow on me. Photos don't seem to do this knife justice in my eyes. The blue looks great and the blade shape is actually pretty sexy to be so utilitarian. So I get inside and begin playing with the knife; yes it is thinner than I like, that isn't going to go away but man there's something impressive about this knife. The feel of it overall, how it deploys, and how light it is adds up to be perfect for what I planned to use it for. Is it thinner than I prefer, yes! But this won't be my do everything EDC blade and for the role that I bought it for, it will excel.

Thanks to all who contributed to the thread and to Benchmade Benchmade for putting out a great design with customer service to back it up.

Also...REALLY liking this clip.

MGfD3dSv2-KQ4aEUhPAwcEYtjZZRA49p72Z_c-ybcnkV0-lDh0-WDQx_jpxUXJc9MiQ0w_GKi8X74tKxX4AA8ZdDE9epSEwEkD-Iy5XAzdkvaUEl-PfhTj_c1XWhoAKD_KpOOAnTKQ

Last edited:
Back