Introducing The 535 Bugout

Bugout with OD micarta scales - loving it!

NB768S2.jpg

GVjBS7N.jpg

Well, I bought a blue Bugout today! First impressions are VERY positive. I wouldn't mind something even brighter so that it would show up on the forest floor, but the blue is a really nice color and the scales are textured well. My first though when picking it up was, "wow, this thing is light!", which is what I thought with the Buck 110 LT. I really like the blade shape although I haven't cut anything yet. The clip is REALLY tight though, touching the scale and difficult to place over my pocket fabric. The scales do flex a little if you squeeze them but I don't see this affecting use whatsoever.

Notes on quality: blade centering is perfect, grind is close to being perfect but slightly asymmetrical (not a big deal), very little side-to-side play, and overall a very nice knife. This is going to be a great knife to take in a backpack while hiking or camping, it's incredibly light and I think I'll have a lot of fun with it. I like it!

D Darkera To loosen my Bugout’s clip I clipped it onto a roll of duct tape that was mostly finished for a day or two. Loosened it up to the perfect amount of tension.

I'm a big fan of the Bugout. I put titanium scales on mine to give it just a bit more "heft" in hand. But I bet when I go backpacking the blue scales will go back on, not for weight but for seeing it easily out in the woods. Perfect backpacking/hiking/camping knife. I normally carry traditionals but whenever I venture into the woods for more than a few hours, a Benchmade always finds its way into my pocket. I imagine this Bugout will see quite a few adventures.
full

full

D Darkera To loosen my Bugout’s clip I clipped it onto a roll of duct tape that was mostly finished for a day or two. Loosened it up to the perfect amount of tension.
Good idea, I'm going to try this. Also, good to hear that I'm not the only one with a tight clip, I was wondering if it was just mine or not.

You can count me in as a HUGE fan of the Bugout. All-in-all one of my favorite knives. Like it as much as any I have used or held.

Kudos to Benchmade for an absolute wonderful blade!

oQqsMDx.jpg

I had my trusty old griptilian in d2 out side-by-side with my bugout today. I find the bugout to be so much more useable for day-to-day tasks. It's easy to carry, slim, sits deep in pocket and has a great all around blade shape. I'll never retire or sell my griptilian, but it hardly ever sees carry time these days with the bugout around.

I was able to use my Bugout a bit last week and I was very impressed. There was the odd time when, depending how I held the knife, the grip was a bit uncomfortable due to the clip pushing into my little finger, but overall it felt good in the hand. I really like the blade shape and dimensions, weight, and overall look of this knife. Even though I think it is overpriced for what it is material-wise, I like the knife a lot and can't say I have any regrets or wouldn't buy it again. This is a great knife to have in your pack when hiking.

Picked up a blue Bugout this weekend. I'll admit, I've never been overly concerned with the weight of any of my knives. Gosh, we won a world war with a 10lb rifle. Whether a knife weighs 5oz or 7oz, etc., seems kind of silly to me. That being said the Bugout is very nice in all regards including the weight.

Really a classy little addition to my EDC line-up. Thank you Benchmade. Well done!

Still loving my Bugout and it still finds it's way into my pocket more than any of my other EDC options.

Oh, and those Micarta scales above are sweet!!!

Picked up a blue Bugout this weekend. I'll admit, I've never been overly concerned with the weight of any of my knives. Gosh, we won a world war with a 10lb rifle. Whether a knife weighs 5oz or 7oz, etc., seems kind of silly to me. That being said the Bugout is very nice in all regards including the weight.

Really a classy little addition to my EDC line-up. Thank you Benchmade. Well done!
The ultralight backpacker types obsess over ounces but I don't care about that whatsoever. But there is something nice about having a very light knife in the pocket or packed away. After carrying the Bugout for a week I picked up my Foray the other day and actually thought, "wow this knife is heavy".

Back