Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

XZws7NK.jpg

t0RNMM3.jpg

7ct1kUx.jpg

Shipping notice, my black/black micarta non-nuke will be here thursday! Really excited to compare it to my all-time favorite, the 2nd gen Steel Heart Ergo in the same configuration. It'll be hard to beat how much I love that knife; it's been through a lot with me, but I'll give the new girl a chance:D

Wow....just got these puppies in hand...all can say is this is a great blade, and my size 9/Medium hands love these NF handles. I am in the habit of hand smoothing "mags" for my users, and the non-mag fusion handle works well for me as well. The Mag Fusion feels a little big although not uncomfortable, and if hand-smoothed I love that handle too. Or if the mags are on thinner stock aka .25" like the CGFBM...

That said, I love these NF handles just the way they are...

Here are some pics - I was pleasantly surprised because I forgot exactly which combos I ordered and the bronze and maroon was an experiment. It turned out great!

Here are some bad pics with flash due to lighting in the house...

https://imgur.com/a/SEoGJcp

These are really nice knives in both configurations. The non-nuke is light in hand and for sure a venerable chopper in its size and weight class...the nukes feel very all purpose and are, of course lighter. Not that they are not substantial blades in their own right...

Wow....just got these puppies in hand...all can say is this is a great blade, and my size 9/Medium hands love these NF handles. I am in the habit of hand smoothing "mags" for my users, and the non-mag fusion handle works well for me as well. The Mag Fusion feels a little big although not uncomfortable, and if hand-smoothed I love that handle too. Or if the mags are on thinner stock aka .25" like the CGFBM...

That said, I love these NF handles just the way they are...

Here are some pics - I was pleasantly surprised because I forgot exactly which combos I ordered and the bronze and maroon was an experiment. It turned out great!

Here are some bad pics with flash due to lighting in the house...

https://imgur.com/a/SEoGJcp

These are really nice knives in both configurations. The non-nuke is light in hand and for sure a venerable chopper in its size and weight class...the nukes feel very all purpose and are, of course lighter. Not that they are not substantial blades in their own right...

The inside light is making your bronze coating look like black coat. Could you get one from outside and brighter lights?

Does anyone know if these will fit in a large Spec Ops Brand sheath ?

The Nano forsaken steel heart will not fit a stock spec ops sheath.

You can re-mold the liner with hot water or a heat gun. I would not attempt to use the new style spec ops sheath though. The newer spec ops has Velcro attached to the liner , can be a irritating, & the shape of the liner itself does not re mold very well.

The old stock spec ops with the screw can be molded with a little effort and some patience. I’ve had decent luck fitting the old stock spec ops sheath’s to blades that would not originally fit.

Plenty of old threads here on BF about molding a spec ops liner.

Last edited:
The ad on amazon says the large sheaths will fit 8” blades

I know that. It’s the width from edge to spine I’m worried about. But the poster above says it won’t work without some modification.

Last edited:
I just got mine in today and they are sweet. I wish they had the regular fusion handle though. These are a little petite for my mitts :(. This version of the handle will definitely carry much easier though.

6F8A3373-36F2-4DC2-AFF0-7B58E45257B8.jpeg

The Pizza didn’t stand a chance.

Not sure how I feel about the Nano handle, it’s slim. The blade is fairly large for the handle size, it works though. I’m certain I would really regret selling this one.. might have to beat on it a little and make sure.

Last edited:
Just unwrapped mine...nuke and CF maroon. I personally like the handle a lot! Just need to decide which to keep (I'll most likely keep the Nuke).
To answer a couple questions I saw that I'm not sure if were answered or not.

How much lighter is the custom shop compared to the regular one?
The Nuke is 17.7oz, the Non Nuke is 16.9oz. For those that are mathematically challenged, the Nuke is only 0.8oz lighter. I was expecting a bit more of a difference (I don't know why). To put in perspective, that's the weight of 4 quarters.

Will the nuclear have further finishing on the flats like the Nuke forsaken mistress?
No, they are the same.

upload_2019-2-20_12-13-55.jpeg

Last edited:
Back