Introducing The Forsaken Steel Heart With Nano Fusion Handle.... Coming Wednesday, October 24, 2018

Two of them arrived at home last night, only had a chance for a cursory examination.... I like them so far. If @elof_alv stays nice I may even give him his tomorrow... ;)

The Nuke is 17.7oz, the Non Nuke is 16.9oz. For those that are mathematically challenged, the Nuke is only 0.8oz lighter. I was expecting a bit more of a difference (I don't know why). To put in perspective, that's the weight of 4 quarters.

I must be mathematically challenged.
I thought 17.7oz was 0.8oz heavier that 16.9oz.
Good thing I dropped out of engineering school.

... It's the new math!!
I have a funny story about "new math". ~18 years ago my son was struggling with long division. I was always pretty good with math, so I was helping him. Soon I realized he was using some convoluted way of doing it, and he said that was how his teacher taught them. After awhile I decided it was BS, so I showed him the more direct and easy way I learned ~55 years ago, and I told him to do it my way, and if his teacher objected then I told my son to tell his teacher I wanted to talk with him. Well, my son went straight to his math teacher and said "my dad wants to talk with you". The funny thing was, I never did hear from the teacher! :D

So only 4 Quarters difference in weight between the Nuked and non nuked. Makes me think the handle is not milled out like the TGLB. I think the Nuked looks way better but the cost to weight ratio doesn't make sense . That's $25 dollars per Quarter weight !! I hope I did my math right. :confused:. Anyways I want to see one with all the Extras....Pics please,.... Nuked, hand smoothed, Camo, G-10...

now that I completely slept through the cupidganzaa by pre-writing an email....then losing track of time at work and forgetting to hit send at 6:00 :oops:.. my hard earned $$ need something else to be allocated towards. Believe I saw a thread "More Nano Fusion handles please.........BRING ON THE NFBM!!!!!!" that had me thinking about my FSHNF.... since I've yet to own a battle mistress, I'm looking forward to the possibility of a battle mistress w/ a nano fusion handle for sure ! (or a Smachet with a nano fusion handle...)

Last edited:
Holy Crap! A Nano Fusion Battle Mistress?! :eek:
I don't know about that. I don't know if a Nano Fusion is enough handle for a Battle Mistress. I picked up a Battle Grade Fusion Battle Mistress (I THINK that is what it was called), and the grip on it is about perfect for that size blade. It's my truck knife. Get me to he** and back knife.
But I'll be honest.... if a NFBM was offered.... I'd buy it, if any way I could afford it (sell a car? gun? motorcycle? kidney?). Especially if it was offered in Comp or DCBB.

Back