Introducing the Sebenza 31! (21 Is Being Discontinued)

What is the intention of the canted clip on the 31(and Inkosi's)?

Missed getting a 31. All sold yesterday but did get a think twice graphic 21. Saw 2 31s for sale one was 650 the other 750

I am wondering if the 31 lunar will be without the gold anodizing as pictured or will it be like the 21 where the pictures didn’t show it but the production model has it.
I think it would be nice if it didn’t have it so that the 21 will be slightly different.

What is the intention of the canted clip on the 31(and Inkosi's)?

To prevent putting pressure on the lock bar of the knife.

I really don't see the problem there but thank you.

For me personally it also feels better in hand. I never did care for clip placement on the small Sebenza while in hand. It has an annoying feel with the tip of the clip being close to the edge of the frame. On the small Inkosi I don't notice the clip at all. I also think it looks better too. YMMV.

Dang... I was done buying knives... it had been months since I've been to these forums... and now I stumble upon this Sebenza 31 post. I have a Large Sebenza 21, Small Inkosi and Umnumzaan... I always thought if the Sebenza 21 got a ceramic ball to ride the tang like the other 2 it would be the perfect knife.

Now I'm debating do I get a PJ 31 or Black Micarta (Inkosi has natural micarta)?

Looks like a made an errant $475 click on the internet. :(

I have the same situation and the same debate :)
I think I will go for the black micarta but still not 100% sure :)

Order placed.

Order
Knife 1
Model
Small Sebenza 31
Style required
Inlay Black Canvas Micarta Drop Point
Left handed
No
Double thumb lugs
No - $0.00
Lanyard Color
Black -
Add a bead?
Standard bead - $5.00
Bead Color
Silver Bead
Knife Subtotal
$480.00

OUR KNIVES ARE BACK ORDERED.

Please review the lead times below. If you'd don't want to wait, you may be able to purchase through an Authorized Dealer.

4 MONTHS
-Sebenza 31 Plain
-Inkosi Plain
-Umnumzaan
-Green Beret
-Pacific
-Nyala

6 MONTHS
-Mnandi
-Sebenza 31 Computer Generated Graphic
-Sebenza 31 Micarta Inlay
-Sebenza 31 Wood Inlay
-Sebenza 31 Unique Graphic
-Inkosi Micarta Inlay
-Impinda
-Sikayo

9-12 MONTHS
-Knives with Damascus

I know my lead time. required
Yes

To prevent putting pressure on the lock bar of the knife.

Thought the canted clip was adopted by the inkosi to prevent the hotspot of the 25. But the 21 doesn't suffer from this problem. I personally think it was done on the 31 to match the inkosi.

Thought the canted clip was adopted by the inkosi to prevent the hotspot of the 25. But the 21 doesn't suffer from this problem. I personally think it was done on the 31 to match the inkosi.
Never had any issue with the clip on the 21 myself, I am just quoting what I ears in videos of reviewer

Nevertheless I like the clip on the inkosi very much so I don’t mind they changed it on the 31

Never had any issue with the clip on the 21 myself, I am just quoting what I ears in videos of reviewer

Nevertheless I like the clip on the inkosi very much so I don’t mind they changed it on the 31

Right on and in one video it almost seemed like a guy from CRK saying that too. So who knows!

I never did like my clip getting a little loose (bent out not the screw) and clicking off the lockbar upon opening. Ha, problem solved.

I am wondering if the 31 lunar will be without the gold anodizing as pictured or will it be like the 21 where the pictures didn’t show it but the production model has it.
I think it would be nice if it didn’t have it so that the 21 will be slightly different.

I'm wondering if the Lunar will be offered on the 31. The CCG graphics as of late haven't been hanging around very long.

I'm wondering if the Lunar will be offered on the 31. The CCG graphics as of late haven't been hanging around very long.
It shows pictures of it on their site. Also available to order. The only thing I don’t like about the 31 lunar is that the clip comes up near the rear engraving...

It shows pictures of it on their site. Also available to order. The only thing I don’t like about the 31 lunar is that the clip comes up near the rear engraving...

Good to know.:) I haven't looked on their site for a while. Last time I did, I ordered a knife, so it's best for me to not go there. I have this place to enable me enough:eek:

So excited! I prefer to wait for the knife to it some authorized dealers to place an order.
From my experience with my damascus 21, CRK first ships to dealers before completing their direct orders... and it can also be the occasion to get some review of it before getting mine.
But damn, I haven't be so hyped about a new knife for years!
That is a great feeling. It makes the hobby very entertaining :)

Missed getting a 31. All sold yesterday but did get a think twice graphic 21. Saw 2 31s for sale one was 650 the other 750
To each his own, but I REALLY dislike seeing/reading stuff like this. For the folks who purchased early entry tickets, who stood in line for hours to get into the show, who then had to stand in line to get up to the CRK booth for maybe a chance of purchasing a first run Sebenza 31 that they really wanted.......it’s a bit insulting. For people to immediately turn around and try to sell them for those prices is disheartening because it chips away at the spirit of the knife community.

I didn’t personally witness anyone trying to sell their 31, but I’m sure more than one private sale took place after the first 31’s were gone. I know, I know....happens all the time, but I still don’t like hearing about it.

I was able to purchase a Small 31 after many hours in line and lots of patience waiting my turn to get to the CRK booth. There’s no way I’d be able to sell it. Different strokes....

Back