1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Sheepdog & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday August 10!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, July 28 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Introducing the Sebenza 31! (21 Is Being Discontinued)

Discussion in 'Chris Reeve Knives' started by Lone_Wolfe, Jun 3, 2019.

1. madcap_magician

madcap_magician Platinum Member Platinum Member

Feb 27, 2005
    The finger groove looks a lot deeper.

loon#r likes this.
  2. loon#r

loon#r Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 10, 2008
    That’s what she said.

3. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Good thing I got my 21s when I did because I am not a huge fan of the ceramic BB lockface.

Still I will keep an open mind about it and I’m sure I’ll try one eventually.

Thanks CRK; can we get that medium Sebenza now? Medium 31 I would buy for sure.

4. lemmuhj

lemmuhj Gold Member Gold Member

May 2, 2010
    The single Inlays are fantastic! Have been waiting for that for years..never thought they'd do it! Im not crazy about the ceramic ball, but maybe my opinion will change. Also, really wish they would have kept the clip straight...would have looked a little cleaner with a straight inlay to match the front. Anyway, kudos to CRK for being bold enough to try new things the last 4-5 years!! Cant wait to see a Micarta with Damascus/Damasteel!

Night Rider likes this.
  5. aleforme

aleforme Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 21, 2013
    Has anyone heard what kind of time frame we're looking at before these would ship if ordered on Friday? I know Tim said they have a pretty good backlog of 21's to get out and would not start on the new 31 models until the 21's were done. That could be months and then another couple month on top of that before 31'2 start shipping.

Just wondering if it's wise to order something now or just wait until they hit dealers?

6. ericlosh

ericlosh

Oct 9, 2013
    the missing machining hole is gonna make the inlays look amazing. Some slight upgrades which is the way i like my crk. Most importantly theyre keeping the bushing, gotta keep it alive

loon#r likes this.
  7. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Hard to know for sure because it is likely going to be considered highly desirable and could possibly sell out the first run rather quickly.

That said CRK will likely produce these at the same rate they produce 21s so if you can wait I doubt there will be much trouble getting one eventually.

JJ_Colt45 likes this.
  8. ericlosh

ericlosh

Oct 9, 2013
    except for me, i saw this coming

9. Sharp & Fiery

Sharp & Fiery Platinum Member Platinum Member

May 14, 2012
    I have mixed feelings at the moment. Excited for the new 31, sad they are discontinuing the 21. I kinda like the locating hole.

ChazzyP, Gizler00, Lapedog and 2 others like this.
  10. 4mer_FMF

4mer_FMF Basic Member Basic Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Hahaha—I was just about to post how the straight clip was the one thing that kinda annoyed me about the 21!

It just proves that different tastes make for a more interesting hobby. :thumbsup:

lemmuhj, loon#r and 416isToronto like this.
  11. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Real excited about the one piece inlay. Sebenza 31 looks great.

cbr1000 and loon#r like this.
  12. bambam99

bambam99 Gold Member Gold Member

Oct 8, 2014
    Just when I was happy with my CRK collection...

4mer_FMF, Lapedog, archieblue and 3 others like this.
  13. Night Rider

Night Rider Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 16, 2018
    I fully agree with the single Inlay. I would like to see what it looks like with Micarta or Marbled CF with Damasteel :eek:. It's a nice step in the right direction IMHO.

lemmuhj and loon#r like this.
  14. Curl of the Burl

Curl of the Burl Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 27, 2013
    Here’s a tease of the micarta.
    A95E6D4D-C21D-40CA-9781-A4CF14E1D9C1.jpeg

15. Night Rider

Apr 16, 2018
    Curl of the Burl likes this.
  16. loon#r

Mar 10, 2008
    This is more along the lines of what I anticipated when the Sebenza 25 was released. This is not that far of a departure from the current 21 as the 25 was from it. Gotta love them all though, I certainly do. Still hoping for a medium as others are. I bugged Kayla already and she eloquently told me to wait until Friday. I’m ordering a large and a small. No messing around.

17. Ajack60

Ajack60 Platinum Member Platinum Member

Apr 21, 2013
    All I’m saying is that I’m really happy with my current CRK collection of left handed knives. After seeing the 31, I guess I can be a little more happy :p

Lapedog, Curl of the Burl and loon#r like this.
  18. Night Rider

Apr 16, 2018
    Good on Kayla and good on you as well, Gotta respect a man who knows what he wants :cool::thumbsup:.

loon#r likes this.
  19. loon#r

Mar 10, 2008
    Haha I just realized your avatar.

Night Rider likes this.
  20. Ernie1980

Ernie1980 Gold Member Gold Member

Apr 19, 2012
    For those of us with no Facebook, can someone post the video please?

Bandaids or stitches and loon#r like this.