Introducing the Sebenza 31! (21 Is Being Discontinued)

wBImawS.png

Screenshot from Instagram

Now im wondering if the Inkosi lineup will get the one piece inlay??
That was the first question that popped into my mind. I just bought an Inkosi and it’s supposed to get to me today. The story of my life--exquisite timing as always!
I probably won't jump on a 31 immediately, but if they put out one with Mammoth Bark, Abalone or some other exotic inlays, I’d order that without hesitation.

Last edited:
Huh, now that I think about it, does anyone know why we never got wood and mammoth inlay Inkosi options?

Huh, now that I think about it, does anyone know why we never got wood and mammoth inlay Inkosi options?

Partly production delays/schedules..partly because Mammoth was disco'd a few yrs ago..partly because if anything, wood would be added before any special or limited inlays.
All just a guess.

Partly production delays/schedules..partly because Mammoth was disco'd a few yrs ago..partly because if anything, wood would be added before any special or limited inlays.
All just a guess.

I was just curious because I had noted for a long time that the only special options and wood inlays, even the routine wood inlays, came on 21s.

Hmmmm..... I don't own a CRK yet but was planning on picking up a PJ 21 very soon. Should I axe that plan and go with the 31?

Any teasers for the lock bar side?

I am assuming the hardware will be the same 5/64" hex too.

Hmmmm..... I don't own a CRK yet but was planning on picking up a PJ 21 very soon. Should I axe that plan and go with the 31?

The 21 is an excellent time proven blade. Your wait for a 31 could possibly extend into 2020 based on past new model introductions.

I’d get the 21 you want now and then decide on a 31 when they become available (as opposed to pre-order).

Just one person’s view, but if I was in your position I’d wait for the 31.
This is my vibe as well, i was looking at sort of replacing a 21 late this year but ill re evaluate that later on and may go 31, it seems like it has some nice changes. I was gonna go pj tanto, but may have to go for some sort of inlay with the 31.

Lost a large UG with damascus blade, so far the only knife ive ever lost. So go figure on that.

Glad I got my small 21 when I did. I might try and pickup a small insingo 21 before they are gone. Sad that it’s being discontinued. But I understand.

The 21 is offered with a polished blade, but not the Inkosi. I asked a while back if it would be, the answer was no.

"Idaho Made" stamp? tough to see for certain, but it isn't noticeable. It's hard to even see the CR logo on Tim's knife in the video, but on the Micarta inlay photo I can spot it....

edit... nevermind, I spotted the "Idaho Made" stamp after watching the video for the fifteenth time.

I've seen pictures of the Macassar Ebony and Black Micarta inlays. Anybody seen or heard about other inlay options? I'm reading additional info will be announced Friday, but I'm super curious about the other inlays...

Back