Introducing the Sebenza 31! (21 Is Being Discontinued)

Much appreciated! I had a feeling it was in there, so I asked for access to the group yesterday afternoon. Still awaiting an approval lol :(

I just let a bunch in, pretty sure you're one of them. :)

Wonder why they did not announce it here? I looked on the facebook page and did not see anything there either.

So to recap...

The Inkosi/25 was kind of like the love child between the 21 and the Umnumzaan; Sebenza styling and Umnumzaan technology.

To me, the 31 seems like a combination of the best aspects of the 21 and the Inkosi. This knife can be looked at as taking something great from of each of these knives (Pivot bushing, ceramic ball interface/detent) and drops the polarizing aspects of each knife (no finger scallops, no locating hole on show side scale, no loctite).

In my opinion, this 31 design nails it - game over.

On a side bar - I tracked down an Impinda from a dealer in Alaska a couple months ago. The only CRK I have opened and instantly loved. For the second year in a row, this company has killed it.

I'd like to see it in my hand before judgement. Really wish they would've done a run of Insingo Damasteel or Damascus before killing the 21. Would probably jump on a 31 in that config.

I'm not big on inlays, but the 31 inlay is a very large canvas for customization!

I am still after the large Wilson Combat/21 offering, think I had better step it up!because now that the 21 is coming to a end they will probably sell out fast! seems to be the story of my life:(

Agreed. Looking forward to the near future when their CGG options/capabilities start firing all cylinders again.

Last edited:
Doesn't Tim participate in your group. I have never seen a direct post from him here. We may be too old school :)
I appreciate you passing the info on.

Tim did post a video in the group, that's where I got all the info I passed on here from.

Big news! I am looking forward to adding a small inlay to my pile. My hat off to Tim for keeping things freshPhotoPictureResizer_190606_000433937-3024x2268.jpg

Well......I may be buying a folding knife for the 1st time in a long while (next year I’m guessing). I have been completely satisfied with my modest stable of daily carried CRKs. Still no Inkosi (though I have a 25) and no Impinda, but this got my blood moving. It will be the natural micarta inlay 31 for me, or nothing at all.

I like it, I might get a small plain insingo.

But I'm a bit sceptic to how thin the inlays run over pivot screw, especially on the wood inlays.

The Reeve logo was in the way? :confused:

9pskVxq.png

Back