Introducing The SYKCO Alpha Regulator 9.5!!!. . . Specs And Pricing For Wednesday July 10, 2019!!!

Keep in mind for stripping, it's been my experience that there's no gremlins on the FFG, it's only on the flats, so right at the ricasso is the only place I'd expect to find some squiggles. With this reasoning is why I like the DC finish, sure there may be machining marks but no purposeful gremlins. I keep my fingers crossed we aren't forced into a coated only position again. I've just had my fill of trying to take them out :D

Is there going to be a 15-inch version?
'Cause now I think O need an AR-15.
:eek::eek::eek: spycam is still working I see- that is so much a natural I don't know how it can't be a thing..... no man, that's going to be a thing` that magic crystal ball is the shizzel!

Jerry, if you make that, I'm going to actually go out and buy my first AR ;) I would have already but it's like learning about scotch, it's a freaking bowl of spaghetti trying to understand it all till you start digging in. Also an excuse to push me off the fence and get the whole AR thing out of my system.

:eek:
... buy my first AR ;) I would have already but it's like learning about scotch, it's a freaking bowl of spaghetti trying to understand it all till you start digging in. Also an excuse to push me off the fence and get the whole AR thing out of my system.

That's where I'm at. Thinking that I want one, but bewildered by the infinite choices/options.

Does anyone have a link to a good primer for MSR noobs?

On this knife, I'm torn. Kinda fat for my taste, but good looking and well priced. OTOH, the whole chopper space is well covered here. Kept the B9, dumped the B10 and BWM. Have both B8. And both BB13. And CPK LC and MC. And CG FBM. And Ban Anorexic CGFBM. And (some others in the attic). On the gripping hand, I don't have a Regulator handle, so there's that...

On the gripping hand, I don't have a Regulator handle, so there's that...
And there you go applying logic - and as I said earlier, the scaling of that handle to the size of the blade (mainly blade height is just more aesthetically appealing to for some reason. There's been more than a couple times I've looked hard at Regulators on the X just never pulled the trigger which made this one an easy pick for the stash, don't have anything like it.

I was just handling my test team FFG regulator and it is thick - looks like 5/16" on the dot with a just over 1.5" blade depth at widest! It is beefy, yet balances right at where the blade disappears into the Res-C. This one is the same stock, with a .25" wider blade at deepest, and 2" on the TT. I am betting this knife feels pretty good in hand even for such a beefy blade. I carry a Busse in my car for several reasons and one is in case of an emergency situation. The ONLY downfall to the Basics is not having an extended tang. I would hate to chop away at a window and then stab and pry through with a little girl's head feet from the action...I do have carbide glass breakers in my vehicle and other stuff as well...just saying...so, it is not a number 1 rescue knife, so be it...

This is one of the more practical big blade from Busse !

-Thick spine withfull flat grind ✔
-No CBT ✔
-Res-C handle = more weight toward blade and lighter overall ✔
-And the price is just right! ✔

that said, for a thick chopper there's probably no more comfortable handle in the world.

Keep in mind for stripping, it's been my experience that there's no gremlins on the FFG, it's only on the flats, so right at the ricasso is the only place I'd expect to find some squiggles. With this reasoning is why I like the DC finish, sure there may be machining marks but no purposeful gremlins. I keep my fingers crossed we aren't forced into a coated only position again. I've just had my fill of trying to take them out :D
Agreed. Twenty bucks for gremlin free steel and not having to strip them myself is a no brainer.

Back