Introducing The SYKCO Alpha Regulator 9.5!!!. . . Specs And Pricing For Wednesday July 10, 2019!!!

This is one of the more practical big blade from Busse !

-Thick spine with full flat grind ✔
-No CBT ✔
-Res-C handle = more weight toward blade and lighter overall ✔
-And the price is just right! ✔
You're NOT helping me resist! ;):D

You're NOT helping me resist! ;):D
Well I just grabbed one bigDC and one satin :) The FFG pulled me right in !!! FFG and res-c is gonna be lighter than you’d think.

I have a couple deep hollow grind .32 regs from blade show. And it’s amazing how nice they are :)

Really struggling with this one. Have both a dogfather and nmfsh.... but damn it looks good. Probably couldn't help myself it it was .20. or .22 in SR77. :(. :).

Really struggling with this one. Have both a dogfather and nmfsh.... but damn it looks good. Probably couldn't help myself it it was .20. or .22 in SR77. :(. :).

Thanks for helping me re-justify a knife I already bought (for a dollar)...I do not have a NMFSH - just never did it for me, and I sold the one I had...this fills in that "gap" even though I do not have any "gaps" to fill...

I went coated and then immediately switched to BBDC on this one. I think I am coming around to BIG DCBB or DCBB as being the superior user option, it may develop some rust/patina in places, although it is easy to buff out by hand, and it is not harmful anyways if you are using your knife...for collecting/sitting around they can be a nuisance potentially. They slice as well as satin, usually a decent price differential from satin, and do not have to strip and sand, although that's fun if you are in the mood to do so.

I went coated and then immediately switched to BBDC on this one. I think I am coming around to BIG DCBB or DCBB as being the superior user option, it may develop some rust/patina in places, although it is easy to buff out by hand, and it is not harmful anyways if you are using your knife...for collecting/sitting around they can be a nuisance potentially. They slice as well as satin, usually a decent price differential from satin, and do not have to strip and sand, although that's fun if you are in the mood to do so.
Yep you are right on the DC picking up the oxidation. I did a test to see just how easily by leaving one in the shop the last couple months and sure enough it did pick up some very slight spots. I had thoroughly de-greased it to get it as raw as possible. We've had rain after rain and some serious humidity, much higher than normal so I would've been more shocked if it didn't get some spots. I rubbed them off with a little oil on a cloth. Then I took it to the buffer and went to town on it and nothing under even higher temps and humidity. That bead blasting really opens up the surface area where after polishing or on satin blades, almost like chrome. It's hard to accept these really aren't SS to some degree and that's always impressed me. My Trough Raider in DC has been in the shop since I got it and nothing to date and that's been many weeks now so it doesn't happen overnight.
Pretty much all my blades when not at work sleep in the basement where 2 dehumidifiers run year round and never had an issue.

I wonder if hitting it with a Scotchguard wheel or pad would serve the same purpose of closing up those 'pores'?

Back