Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Why don’t they include weight in the specs?
LOL! I forgot I had bought a scale- OK, weight? ... 27.3 ~ I had a feeling it was lighter than it looks - It's hard to keep in mind it's only listed at 9.5" blade makng it an inch longer than the Forsaken Gemini yet gives the feeling there's enough Infi to make 2 of them.

True - but that FM has a tapeworm compared to this slab of hog back HAHA! ~ Yeah man, handling both of those makes the FM feel like and flippy in the hand HAHA!
The HOG Gemini I had, was 27.5
So, thinking about it that way, that should sound exactly right for the Trough Raider. Imo, anyways.
I reckon, when ya get over the .300" mark, it really makes a difference! :D
Congratz man, that Raider is a beast!:cool::thumbsup:

My FM with micarta is 25oz even. Two raiders are headed my way. One coated and one comp.

Time to see if coating actually makes a slight difference in weight on these bigger models.
Wow. 25oz.
Both mine and the one Azula had, both with Micarta like yours was 28.6oz
That's a pretty good difference for the same 3 blades.
But......I'll bet yours was a Nuked model?
That's where the weight difference is I'll bet.
Almost forgot about the Nuked model.

Last edited:
Wow. 25oz.
Both mine and the one Azula had, both with Micarta like yours was 28.6oz
That's a pretty good difference for the same 3 blades.
But......I'll bet yours was a Nuked model?
That's where the weight difference is I'll bet.
Almost forgot about the Nuked model.
Yup, I actually forgot there were different models as well.

I got mine last week but have been busy getting ready for Blade Show and haven't had much time for posting. Have had a couple of customers also mention they have theirs as well.

Awesome. What would you compare this to and/or replacing? Do you see yourself using it? For practicality I’m wishing it was thinner but the lines on this thing are dead sexy.

I have over 200 Busse/Kin now so I'm a horrible person to ask that question.. haha.

I am planning to take mine out into the woods for a chopping session after Blade, and obviously it'd be a great BOB or EOTWAWKI big knife for defense if that's what you're looking for. Sometimes a knife is just awesome to own and that's good enough for me :cool:

I don't think it'd surprise anyone if Jerry released a leaner "Trough Raider's Wife" edition.. it sure is curvy enough :D

Shipping ding and a pre-order in place with David Brown (buybrown) for a exposed spine kydex sheath w/dangler in olive drap :thumbsup::)

Last edited:
Back