Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

I can’t be the only one(or maybe I am) wishing it was .187, .20 or at least .25 and then have a thick cut nuke at .315.
Should make a real nice chopper/overall badass type of knife though

Currently on the fence.

Yep. Absolutely love--LOVE--the lines on this knife... it might be the most astounding model I've seen since I first set eyes on a Busse. That said, .20 would be amazing--like a bigger, nastier BURP, with that classic coffin handle. It would be fast, less fatiguing, and easier to haul. Gimme a coated Battle Grade baddie, and I'll happily sacrifice a little toughness to save some money. Still, I can't take my eyes off its curves--damn bad@ss bowie worthy of its heritage!

Um...this knife is called the trough raider?? Really?? A trough is a narrow channel used to feed animals. I’m confused.

Okay, I'll bite..

Trough Raider would be the biggest, baddest hog in the yard that ransacks and wipes out the trough before any of the other pigs can get to it. If Busse named their knives after fat guys it would be the Buffet Raider :)

Introducing the Busse Combat Trough Raider!!!

Let me start by saying that I love this knife!!! . .. The coffin handle flows perfectly into the gently recurved, extra thick INFI blade. The Trough Raider's blade is replete with both flat and deep hollow bevels and is coupled with our corrugated bevel technology (CBT). Our patented CBT not only reduces friction along the primary cutting bevel but also increases lateral strength! The deep fuller lightens the blade and enhances the balance!

The Trough Raider truly is the stuff of legends!!! In years to come, your great grandchildren will climb upon your lap to hear you tell the story of how you were there on that fateful night in May of 2019! They will undoubtedly look at you with a skeptic's eye because there were so few survivors who lived to tell the tale. You will assure them that, "Yes", you were there on the bloodiest Wednesday in HOG history. A night carved out in time when the HOGs raided the trough in a rabid, cataclysmic stampede, the likes of which had never been seen by man or beast! . . . . And there you were, right in the thick of it, completely covered in burning bacon grease and shredded pork, stomping on young piglets like it was your job!!!! They will stare at you in disbelief when they hear you tell of your trials and tribulations and how so many fell by the wayside or were trampled within inches of reaching the trough and how you chose to "carry on" through the thick of it!!!! . . . Yes, there will be tears in your eyes, and at that moment, your great grandchildren will salute you, and hug you, and wipe the tears from their own eyes because, at that moment, they will know that they are in the presence of a true HOG warrior. . . a war ravaged Trough Raider who has "No Regrets!"!!!

Let it be known that there is little room for the squeamish on this raid. For how can you lay claim to the title of "Trough Raider" unless you're willing to trample those who would stand in your way?

The Busse Combat Trough Raider will go "LIVE" on the Busse Combat Website, Wednesday May 22nd, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

The Busse Combat Trough Raider is being offered in 3 blade finishes including Coated, BIG DC, and Competition Finish. (The BIG DC and the competition finish will have light machining marks.)

Trough Raider Specs:
Over All Length: Approx. 15"
Blade Length: Approx. 9 1/2"
Thickness: Approx. .315"
Steel: INFI
Finish: Coated, BIG DC, and Competition Finish
Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Tech (CBT)
Hardness: 58-60 Rc

Trough Raider Pricing:
Trough Raider Base Price (Coated): $627.00
BIG DC Finish: $657.00
Competition Finish: $697.00

Blade Coating Options:

Black
Muddy Brown
Hammered Silver
Desert Sage
Forest Green
Midnight Blue
Desert Bronze

Handle Options:
Black Canvas (Included)
Tan Canvas (Included)
Green Canvas (Included)
Maroon Canvas (Included)
Black G-10 +$50.00
Tan/Black G-10 +$75.00
Red/Black G-10 +$75.00
Blue/Black G-10 +$75.00
Green/Black G-10 +$75.00
Orange/Black G-10 +$75.00

Here are the pics:

Trough Raider With BIG DC Finish And Maroon Canvas Handles!
Trough%20Raider%20DC-X2.jpg

Trough%20Raider%20DC%203-X3.jpg

Trough Raider With Competition Finish And Green And Black G10 Handles
Trough%20Raider%20Comp%20Finish-X2.jpg

Trough%20Raider%20Pommel-X2.jpg

Trough Raider With Black Coated Blade and Black Canvas Handles.
Trough%20Raider%20Coated%202-X2.jpg

Jim Frost truly does live.

Man that’s a beauty!!!

Very tempting! If it was the old Busse (6-12 months to ship) I would grab one, but finally, after 3 long years, I can say we are getting on a plane tomorrow and coming back to the States!!! Which means a ton of transition expenses.

Congrats on those who score one of these beasts!

As a Busse newbie (piglet?) it's remarkable to me what the original Busse asking price for these blades versus what the later secondary market asking price. I have yet to see a Busse lose value (or maybe I just need to hang around this parts more often). Personally, had it not been for the sales forum and the goodwill of fellow forumites, I would not have been able to afford some of my current Busse.

Thanks you folks are the best (except during new blade release times when HOG treachery is on full display)

As a Busse newbie (piglet?) it's remarkable to me what the original Busse asking price for these blades versus what the later secondary market asking price. I have yet to see a Busse lose value (or maybe I just need to hang around this parts more often). Personally, had it not been for the sales forum and the goodwill of fellow forumites, I would not have been able to afford some of my current Busse.

Thanks you folks are the best (except during new blade release times when HOG treachery is on full display)
The Busse group on this site are some of the best people you will ever interact with.

You're never going to lose a lot of money on buying a Busse new because of the Busse business model of only offering a particular blade for a limited time frame. If you want to sell it fast, you may get $25 - $50 less than what you paid but it's nothing like a CRK where you pay $550 and sell it for $400.

Blades like this one - Burp, Silent Knight, Forsaken Battle Mistress, FMV8/14 are usually pretty marketable as they are very "modern Busse" looking.

I don't really have a use for this one but that's not gonna stop me from picking one or two up. :D:D:D

Back