Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

No what he wants is to stir up shit and complain once again about Busse designs and innovation. Just like when he bitched about the Hog nose war sword and Wtf being impractical. ;)
Actually I’m just wanting a nice release that I actually have a use for. For $600.00 and change we could have something like an ASHBM, BWM, etc, that could do some work. I really like INFI, great stuff, but I think this design is a bit into the “fantasy knife” realm more than for real use.

For example, all the CBT is a pain to clean and the same weight reduction could be achieved with a thinner stock. INFI is plenty strong at 3/16 or .220 for example.

Recurve blades are a pain to sharpen and a knife this size already has enough weight to chop well.

The choil is fine, but the top guard is going to prevent choking up on the knife at any rate.

The coffin handle looks too small for all the weight in the blade and doesn’t really lock your hand in for chopping. The top swedge it a bit overdone.

Again, I like INFI, I like Busse, I just don’t like this design. I think it’s almost a waste of a great steel.

View attachment 1130708

WTF!....Is the most practical thing I own besides health insurance... and even then..:rolleyes:
Honestly though I don't see what's impractical about this...It makes perfect sense.

Infact.. The Trough Raider is just about an inch & a half shorter than the WTF.
Oh no, the TR thickness is starting to make complete sense.. Somebody pull me back before its too late..
For sure the wtf is by far one of my favorite blades and I use it a lot. Nothing else comes close to the chopping power it has.

Don't get me wrong at all brothers...this thing is a beast...I just wouldn't want to clean zombie brains or pine sap out of those grooves.
But still.....as for me ...a non-cbt lover....this blade will definitely make a damn good user for sure...at .31 thick...hell yea! Love it.
Now to talk Jerry into a version without CBT and add a monster NM treatment to it paired with a bigger fuller........hmmmmm

Jack, how much does she weigh?
2lbs10.4oz or 2.65 pounds
or 42.4oz
or 1.205kg

(Random nerd fact. Thor's Hammer "Mjolnir" is impossible to pick up if you're not worthy, BUT IF you are worthy, it still weighs 42.3 POUNDS.)
That means Thors hammer weighs aprox 16 WTF's!!

Here's whats cool
2.65/42.3 = 0.062 = 6.2%
Therefore, If you own a WTF, you're 6.2% worthy of Thor's hammer.

ITS SCIENCE. :poop: Now Jerry please make a hammer for gods sake!!

Quick question. How do people get Sterile knives? Do you call and tell them to put a note on your order?

Actually I’m just wanting a nice release that I actually have a use for. For $600.00 and change we could have something like an ASHBM, BWM, etc, that could do some work. I really like INFI, great stuff, but I think this design is a bit into the “fantasy knife” realm more than for real use.

For example, all the CBT is a pain to clean and the same weight reduction could be achieved with a thinner stock. INFI is plenty strong at 3/16 or .220 for example.

Recurve blades are a pain to sharpen and a knife this size already has enough weight to chop well.

The choil is fine, but the top guard is going to prevent choking up on the knife at any rate.

The coffin handle looks too small for all the weight in the blade and doesn’t really lock your hand in for chopping. The top swedge it a bit overdone.

Again, I like INFI, I like Busse, I just don’t like this design. I think it’s almost a waste of a great steel.

Maybe try an ASH2, HOG Badger, or even a Basic 8 LE if you like Res C. Nice handles, high saber grinds and FFG and no CBTs. These are some of my favorite users! ;):thumbsup::thumbsup:

Even though it is too racy looking for me, I do think the heft and recurve on this one will make it an awesome chopper. It's like a Bowie and a Kukri had a baby. That offspring would be one bad sum-b.

Im just glad jerry is so brilliant at designing blade offerings that cover the gamut of our individual preferences.. usually I'll either love it or I dislike it.. this blade seriously has me on the fence..:confused::confused::confused:

View attachment 1130708

WTF!....Is the most practical thing I own besides health insurance... and even then..:rolleyes:
Honestly though I don't see what's impractical about this...It makes perfect sense.

Infact.. The Trough Raider is just about an inch & a half shorter than the WTF.
Oh no, the TR thickness is starting to make complete sense.. Somebody pull me back before its too late..
Man I use my CS WTF more than most of my other large blades It's a fricking splitting maul. Such an awesome wood processing tool.

The designs are pretty out there, that's the direction Jerry is going in, thats where he is as a designer at this point in time. But there hav been plenty of classic designs offered regularly.

As for the fantasy knife realm, well, theyre a pet peeve of mine. I hate when something is over the top for no practical reason, but everything Jerry does is still based on real world circumstances. This new blade, the Trough Raider is just a monster fighter on steroids, its a fast, efficient and highly powerful brain shovel, and theres nothing more practical than that in a zombie apocalypse. That might sound like pure fantasy but its far from it. If I had todefend myself against living people with my knife, Id want that zombie apocalypse weapon in my hand.

The designs are pretty out there, that's the direction Jerry is going in, thats where he is as a designer at this point in time. But there hav been plenty of classic designs offered regularly.

As for the fantasy knife realm, well, theyre a pet peeve of mine. I hate when something is over the top for no practical reason, but everything Jerry does is still based on real world circumstances. This new blade, the Trough Raider is just a monster fighter on steroids, its a fast, efficient and highly powerful brain shovel, and theres nothing more practical than that in a zombie apocalypse. That might sound like pure fantasy but its far from it. If I had todefend myself against living people with my knife, Id want that zombie apocalypse weapon in my hand.
Well said. Looks can be very subjective. I have a buddy that thinks my HUCK is a rediculous looking thing that has limited uses, but to me it doesn't have a fantasy blade look to it at all and if the fit hits the shan, it is the first one I'm grabbing.

Quick question. How do people get Sterile knives?

The easiest way to get it done is to dose them with high levels of gamma radiation.

They won't be makin no more bacon after they get shot up a few thousand millirsieverts of radiation :eek::confused::eek: targeted near the talon hole...

Plus there's the one in a billion chance your Trough Raider will turn into The Incredible Hunk o' INFI or Spider Pig after the treatment. :thumbsup:

Anyways don't waste your time trying to surgically sterilize a Busse...have you ever tried to neuter a Boss Jack? or spay a Battle Mistress?...it ain't a walk in the park! :eek:

Well said. Looks can be very subjective. I have a buddy that thinks my HUCK is a rediculous looking thing that has limited uses, but to me it doesn't have a fantasy blade look to it at all and if the fit hits the shan, it is the first one I'm grabbing.

Im going to have a hard time deciding between the forsaken mistress and the trough raider, and I have a lot of whiskey to drink before I can even think about double wielding, its quite a conundrum.

I don't have anything with a coffin handle`I wonder, should that be my excuse? I keep going back to those pics and having the thoughts that 1-it's not as heavy as it may look and 2- it's not as big as it first appears - I don't think the Forsaken Mistress has anything to worry about until mating season :eek:

Back