Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

I’m digging the blade shape/handles. I also wish it was .21” thick for practicality. It seems very similar to the Silent Knight without a Blade catch and coffin handles. Hoping there’s a Nuked option that will help lighten this blade. I’ll have to grab one either way.

If there would be a sr101 version like with the wtf/silent knight for around tree fiddy I might have got one to try out.

I can see people using this just as much as anything else. Looks thin behind the edge up to cbt and tip looks pokey too and that's what I'm looking for. I like recurves, sometimes. Never had a coffin handle so tempted to get cause of that reason also. Price and cbt is what's causing resistance for me.

As others have said wish weight was always included with the specs too.

The coffin handles are awesome on the battle shark for easily flipping the knife around to change your grip and also good on my pork chop for a comfortable grip for chopping and reverse hold for hammering. But the real bonus for me is that it slides freely out of my hand when throwing due to the fact that it has nothing towards the pommel to catch on my fingers.

The coffin handles are awesome on the battle shark for easily flipping the knife around to change your grip and also good on my pork chop for a comfortable grip for chopping and reverse hold for hammering. But the real bonus for me is that it slides freely out of my hand when throwing due to the fact that it has nothing towards the pommel to catch on my fingers.

Handles without curves are often the most comfortable while chopping too. Don't know what was thinking passing on pork chop but hoping another axe/hatchet will get released over the summer. Would like to see a mudder res c coffin handle someday.

Introducing the Busse Combat Trough Raider!!!

Let me start by saying that I love this knife!!! . .. The coffin handle flows perfectly into the gently recurved, extra thick INFI blade. The Trough Raider's blade is replete with both flat and deep hollow bevels and is coupled with our corrugated bevel technology (CBT). Our patented CBT not only reduces friction along the primary cutting bevel but also increases lateral strength! The deep fuller lightens the blade and enhances the balance!

The Trough Raider truly is the stuff of legends!!! In years to come, your great grandchildren will climb upon your lap to hear you tell the story of how you were there on that fateful night in May of 2019! They will undoubtedly look at you with a skeptic's eye because there were so few survivors who lived to tell the tale. You will assure them that, "Yes", you were there on the bloodiest Wednesday in HOG history. A night carved out in time when the HOGs raided the trough in a rabid, cataclysmic stampede, the likes of which had never been seen by man or beast! . . . . And there you were, right in the thick of it, completely covered in burning bacon grease and shredded pork, stomping on young piglets like it was your job!!!! They will stare at you in disbelief when they hear you tell of your trials and tribulations and how so many fell by the wayside or were trampled within inches of reaching the trough and how you chose to "carry on" through the thick of it!!!! . . . Yes, there will be tears in your eyes, and at that moment, your great grandchildren will salute you, and hug you, and wipe the tears from their own eyes because, at that moment, they will know that they are in the presence of a true HOG warrior. . . a war ravaged Trough Raider who has "No Regrets!"!!!

Let it be known that there is little room for the squeamish on this raid. For how can you lay claim to the title of "Trough Raider" unless you're willing to trample those who would stand in your way?

The Busse Combat Trough Raider will go "LIVE" on the Busse Combat Website, Wednesday May 22nd, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Let's Drink!

Jerry

The Busse Combat Trough Raider is being offered in 3 blade finishes including Coated, BIG DC, and Competition Finish. (The BIG DC and the competition finish will have light machining marks.)

Trough Raider Specs:
Over All Length: Approx. 15"
Blade Length: Approx. 9 1/2"
Thickness: Approx. .315"
Steel: INFI
Finish: Coated, BIG DC, and Competition Finish
Bevel: Corrugated Bevel Tech (CBT)
Hardness: 58-60 Rc

Trough Raider Pricing:
Trough Raider Base Price (Coated): $627.00
BIG DC Finish: $657.00
Competition Finish: $697.00

Blade Coating Options:

Black
Muddy Brown
Hammered Silver
Desert Sage
Forest Green
Midnight Blue
Desert Bronze

Handle Options:
Black Canvas (Included)
Tan Canvas (Included)
Green Canvas (Included)
Maroon Canvas (Included)
Black G-10 +$50.00
Tan/Black G-10 +$75.00
Red/Black G-10 +$75.00
Blue/Black G-10 +$75.00
Green/Black G-10 +$75.00
Orange/Black G-10 +$75.00

Here are the pics:

Trough Raider With BIG DC Finish And Maroon Canvas Handles!
Trough%20Raider%20DC-X2.jpg

Trough%20Raider%20DC%203-X3.jpg

Trough Raider With Competition Finish And Green And Black G10 Handles
Trough%20Raider%20Comp%20Finish-X2.jpg

Trough%20Raider%20Pommel-X2.jpg

Trough Raider With Black Coated Blade and Black Canvas Handles.
Trough%20Raider%20Coated%202-X2.jpg

[/QU
^^^^^ THIS!!!

I love the blade but I dislike the CBT. Can there be an option for not including the CBT milling. In the past CBT was an option. Is this possible for this blade? Thank you.

Talked to Any and she said they would be ready for billing and shipping next week.

So I’ll have to pss

Actually I’m just wanting a nice release that I actually have a use for. For $600.00 and change we could have something like an ASHBM, BWM, etc, that could do some work. I really like INFI, great stuff, but I think this design is a bit into the “fantasy knife” realm more than for real use.

For example, all the CBT is a pain to clean and the same weight reduction could be achieved with a thinner stock. INFI is plenty strong at 3/16 or .220 for example.

Recurve blades are a pain to sharpen and a knife this size already has enough weight to chop well.

The choil is fine, but the top guard is going to prevent choking up on the knife at any rate.

The coffin handle looks too small for all the weight in the blade and doesn’t really lock your hand in for chopping. The top swedge it a bit overdone.

Again, I like INFI, I like Busse, I just don’t like this design. I think it’s almost a waste of a great steel.

I see at least one post saying this on pretty much any Busse Fam double guard release. No worries! Def saw more than one regarding the Team G models :D
I guess it's my curiosity... :)
Am I just a lucky 'minority'?
I can easily extend my thumb past the guard & still have my thumb pad fully resting on the spine for control choked up.
Granted, this TR is bigger, has a different handle, but in the area of concern, it seems about the same size as the Team G but maybe slightly...better? because of the different handle style, there's no middle "hump", but rather a thinner section for (hopefulky) a tighter grip with the 4 fingers while choking up with thumb on the spine.

Old pix :) vvv

Busse_TGCG-grip1.jpg
Busse_TGCG-grip2.jpg

Ditch the CBT, lose the recurve, make it thinner, put a real handle on it instead of coffins and now we’re on to something.

So, get rid of everything that is... it, and you might buy it. That’s what I take from that.

Actually I’m just wanting a nice release that I actually have a use for. For $600.00 and change we could have something like an ASHBM, BWM, etc, that could do some work. I really like INFI, great stuff, but I think this design is a bit into the “fantasy knife” realm more than for real use.

For example, all the CBT is a pain to clean and the same weight reduction could be achieved with a thinner stock. INFI is plenty strong at 3/16 or .220 for example.

Recurve blades are a pain to sharpen and a knife this size already has enough weight to chop well.

The choil is fine, but the top guard is going to prevent choking up on the knife at any rate.

The coffin handle looks too small for all the weight in the blade and doesn’t really lock your hand in for chopping. The top swedge it a bit overdone.

Again, I like INFI, I like Busse, I just don’t like this design. I think it’s almost a waste of a great steel.

$600 is steep. Too steep for me. But it isn’t because I don’t like the design. For me, it’s because it’s at a point where I don’t feel I can responsibly spend the cash. But I recognize the viability of the knife. I’m one of those guys that doesn’t have a problem with CBT. In fact, I like it. I recognize that it could maintain some stiffness and strength, while lightening the blade. And really, it isn’t that hard to clean the CBT. I mean, use a little “Goof Off,” and you barely even have to wipe the pine sap off it. But that’s beside the point. The CBT, while probably 95+% is for looks, isn’t a bad thing.
But the recurve! Really?! People are having issues with the recurve? Are these the same people who love the Killa Zilla (forgive me if I butchered the name), or the HUCK, or the FBHF(again, forgive me if I butchered the name/acronym)? A recurve is no big deal, either bad or good. I have numerous, from small to giant, and it just “AIN’T” that big a deal. It dulls, I sharpen. I don’t see it being “all that and a bag of chips,” when it comes to cutting. But, damn, a recurve is DEAD sexy!!

I wish the coffin was offered on more knives. So far, since I’ve been actually into Busse knives, every time it has been offered, it has been on a premium blade when I’ve been strapped for dough. I THINK it might be one of the most useful grips. But I don’t have the experience with it, so.... dunno.

I see at least one post saying this on pretty much any Busse Fam double guard release. No worries! Def saw more than one regarding the Team G models :D
I can easily extend my thumb past the guard & still have my thumb pad fully resting on the spine for control choked up.
Granted, this TR is bigger, has a different handle, but in the area of concern, it seems about the same size as the Team G but maybe slightly...better? because of the different handle style, there's no middle "hump", but rather a thinner section for (hopefulky) a tighter grip with the 4 fingers while choking up with thumb on the spine.

View attachment 1132125
View attachment 1132127

You might be in the “lucky minority.” But if so, then so am I.

View attachment 1132125
View attachment 1132127

I do it all the time as well! ;):):thumbsup::thumbsup:

$600 is steep. Too steep for me. But it isn’t because I don’t like the design. For me, it’s because it’s at a point where I don’t feel I can responsibly spend the cash. But I recognize the viability of the knife. I’m one of those guys that doesn’t have a problem with CBT. In fact, I like it. I recognize that it could maintain some stiffness and strength, while lightening the blade. And really, it isn’t that hard to clean the CBT. I mean, use a little “Goof Off,” and you barely even have to wipe the pine sap off it. But that’s beside the point. The CBT, while probably 95+% is for looks, isn’t a bad thing.
But the recurve! Really?! People are having issues with the recurve? Are these the same people who love the Killa Zilla (forgive me if I butchered the name), or the HUCK, or the FBHF(again, forgive me if I butchered the name/acronym)? A recurve is no big deal, either bad or good. I have numerous, from small to giant, and it just “AIN’T” that big a deal. It dulls, I sharpen. I don’t see it being “all that and a bag of chips,” when it comes to cutting. But, damn, a recurve is DEAD sexy!!

I wish the coffin was offered on more knives. So far, since I’ve been actually into Busse knives, every time it has been offered, it has been on a premium blade when I’ve been strapped for dough. I THINK it might be one of the most useful grips. But I don’t have the experience with it, so.... dunno.

So totally agreed--as far as design goes... damn I love this knife! Had there been a BG/SR101 version + piggyback discount, I would have went for it, no question. As is, I can't responsibly do it. But there is nothing about the design that is problematic or deficient... and I can see this being very practical around camp, the fire pit, etc... Truly a beauty, and destined to be a through and through Busse classic.

View attachment 1132125
View attachment 1132127

Im with you, I too think that this new reverse-birdshead guard (my term) is pretty much double guard perfection in that regard, the bottom guard curve works perfectly there, and the reverse on top does the trick there as well. This could be the most secure choil grip imaginable.

Im with you, I too think that this new reverse-birdshead guard (my term) is pretty much double guard perfection in that regard, the bottom guard curve works perfectly there, and the reverse on top does the trick there as well. This could be the most secure choil grip imaginable.

I like that description "birdshead" add it applies to the guard.

Yeah, the funny thing is, on this beast of a blade with so many crazy cool features, that guard got most of my attention.

you've got that right with the multiple cool features.
I had to take out my HUCK to remind myself how sexy that recurve is.
Add in the wedge.....thumbs up
and then I was fondling the handle of the Pork Chop and man does it feel great in the hand.
The Pork Chop, BTW, is the same coffin handle and I believe the same steel thickness as the TR
But I think I'm most drawn to the "asymmetry" of those birdhead guards

This TR offering is really calling out to me. I'm definitely getting one (satin finish, green/Black G10). Had I the funds, would probably get a second one coated (midnight blue with blue/Black G10)

Back