Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

This one's a couple inches too short. And the handle's all wrong. I'm holding out for a Boar Edition MOABolo.

tumblr_nuaa7gcUlA1siuc9oo3_1280.jpg

^ exactly ~ This one has a little bit of "Boar" dna to it - kind of a not fully erect version o_O

Dang. Love the look. Saddened by the price of the coated CG. Never had a .315 blade that length. In blades that size I prefer 1/4 over 3/16. However, the CGB, Fuller, and recurve should make it a heck of a chopper. Also, I like the strsight coffin style handle. I think I've talked myself into it. Jerry, do you know how much ammo $600 will buy? Your killing me Brother. Oink.

Help me out Hogs. It's the shooting season, and I'm trying to not buy any/many knives. All my $ is going to ammo match fees, and trying to find the "right" 45 ACP pistol and pump shotgun combo. Got the 308 covered. Anyway, I've owned and used a bunch of INIF and INFIkin. My main concern is the thickness. I had a 5/16 FBM back in the day and it felt a bit heavy and like it wanted to fly out of my hand when chopping and did almost get away once (saved by a lanyard, but it drew blood). Have owned 5/16 NMFBM's, but didn't use 'em and they also felt a bit too blade heavy. Like the 1311, but wanted a wider blade, with a choil, and a slightly longer handle. I love, love the feel of a CGFBM with fusion handles and CBT and I love my Battle Rat. I've been considering a .25 WTF, or one of the BG FBM's. Would have kept the MOAB in my avatar that I used a good bit if it was thinner (.40). Well, that and I was in a different tax bracket (LOL). May save up some day and hunt down a .36 MOAB. Given all that, I'm considering this one as I love the look and all that it has going for it, except that it's 5/16. I'm hoping that the recurve and the CBT will make it feel light and lively. Do you think this one will feel more like a fighter or a chopper? Best of both? $600 is a lot to me for a blade, alot. That's a buttload of ammo or another 45 pistol...

And lucky me has often lost money on used INFI and Bussekin. I took a bath when I sold the blade in my avatar. If the Hog who bought is out there and wants to sell it back to me for what they paid, hit me up. I do miss it, but money was tight and it had to go.

PM me your opinions or post here....

I think this one will be lighter than a regular 5/16 blade but heavier than a 1/4". Probably similar in feel to std FBM. A picture of a finger balancing the knife would help out to figure out where it is. If the balance is right behind the ricaso it will feel faster. If it is at the end or past the ricaso it is definitely a chopper. Just as a bit of a comparison, most fighting bowies I have held balance right at or just past where your index finger holds the handle. Not a good balance point for a chopper though. A balance point right behind the ricaso is a good compromise.

Last edited:
Thumbs up if you have changed your mind more than 4 times what to do tonight? - I don't know, in the end, I've lied to someone because I've been a hell yea and a hell no at the same time. Maybe this should be called the "Black Hole" because it has an undeniable force of gravity so great that by 9 O'clock it will suck all the matter from the universe into the core regardless of the will to resist..... :eek::(

I’ve come to a conclusion.

Is it as much infi as the Fmv14?
No.
Does it cost near as much or more expensive?(given the discount people got)
Yes.

Plus I’m waiting on another infi sword to be released. Forsaken butaniku/dragons fang. Oh my heart. I’ll be watching this massacre from the sidelines.

Gotta go with Jerry’s first serving suggestion: the BIG DC & maroon. Can’t pass on this monster:eek:.315” INFI kukri/bolo/bowie. And that psychotic swedge.:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::cool::cool::cool: Coolest swedge since the Forsaken Mistress.
I’m familiar with coated and comp mostly. This’ll be my first BIGDC. How would you describe the major difference between comp and bigdc? Is it like Beaded blasted? Satin-ish? What finish is it closest too?
Thanks hogs:eek:
See yall raiding the trough tonight:thumbsup:

I rarely weigh in on these threads as I don't feel a need to try to persuade anyone one way or the other. I let the pics do the talking. However, with all the questions, concerns and comments I feel like this one is worth weighing in on.

All opinions I am about to express are only that. My Opinion.

This blade just flat out has a coolness factor that is off the charts. The lines and aesthetics are just sick. The blade geometry has been tweeked for optimum performance as a chopper as well as a cutter. Is it thick, Hell Yes it is. Is it the lightest weight blade out there. NO it isn't.

The aggressive recurve puts the weight out front for chopping and it is a kindling making machine. The coffin handle provides a secure grip that in no way makes chopping dificult and provides a very secure grip. Just enough texture to aid in grip but not so aggressive that it chews up your hands.

While it is thick, the edge geometry is still great for cutting/slicing as well. If you have a need to make a fuzz stick, slice up dinner, or dismantle a random car or two, this knife will take on any task you can come up with.

We Hogs live by the mantra of “No Regrets” but I have been in this game long enough to know that those who sit this one out will regret it later. This blade is destined to become one of those iconic blades that will have a place in the field or in a collection that would otherwise be void.

I have handled more Busse knives than anyone on the planet with the exception of perhaps Jerry himself and I can tell you that I am all in on this one. I will for sure be stomping the trough tonight to get mine. There will be “No Regrets” for me once this one is gone.

Best of Luck little piggies, Garth is Trough Stompin with the rest of the Alpha Boars tonight.

Garth

Back