Introducing The Trough Raider!! . . . Coming Wednesday May 22, 2019 at 9:00pm Eastern!

Sorry Debbie no Mercedes this year.

Got mine. Comp with black canvas. I hope that black canvas is that nice dark black canvas that has been coming out of the shop lately. Or should i change it to black G10? Shoot.

Appreciate the feedback on this one Garth! Order placed.

I rarely weigh in on these threads as I don't feel a need to try to persuade anyone one way or the other. I let the pics do the talking. However, with all the questions, concerns and comments I feel like this one is worth weighing in on.

All opinions I am about to express are only that. My Opinion.

This blade just flat out has a coolness factor that is off the charts. The lines and aesthetics are just sick. The blade geometry has been tweeked for optimum performance as a chopper as well as a cutter. Is it thick, Hell Yes it is. Is it the lightest weight blade out there. NO it isn't.

The aggressive recurve puts the weight out front for chopping and it is a kindling making machine. The coffin handle provides a secure grip that in no way makes chopping dificult and provides a very secure grip. Just enough texture to aid in grip but not so aggressive that it chews up your hands.

While it is thick, the edge geometry is still great for cutting/slicing as well. If you have a need to make a fuzz stick, slice up dinner, or dismantle a random car or two, this knife will take on any task you can come up with.

We Hogs live by the mantra of “No Regrets” but I have been in this game long enough to know that those who sit this one out will regret it later. This blade is destined to become one of those iconic blades that will have a place in the field or in a collection that would otherwise be void.

I have handled more Busse knives than anyone on the planet with the exception of perhaps Jerry himself and I can tell you that I am all in on this one. I will for sure be stomping the trough tonight to get mine. There will be “No Regrets” for me once this one is gone.

Best of Luck little piggies, Garth is Trough Stompin with the rest of the Alpha Boars tonight.

Garth

My, how my tastes change over time...I'm on the fence over thickness...LMAO says the Off Duty lover...! :eek::D
.25"-.27" thick and I'd have crashed the server all by myself!

Mebbe it'll work on this porky fella too vvv ...lol :D
RT83qqe.gif

I'm looking to take delivery of this bad boy in mid to late June. Based on the turnaround time of the Alpha Dog 6, we're looking at 3 weeks between order and delivery

I'm looking to take delivery of this bad boy in mid to late June. Based on the turnaround time of the Alpha Dog 6, we're looking at 3 weeks between order and delivery
Yea that timeframe is what is making me miss it. We just arrived back Stateside on Sunday and already having to buy furniture, washer and dryer since lost ours in Hurricane Maria. Then have to go to TX and drive back with all my toys and live in a hotel for a month before our house on base is ready! Sucks, but very glad to be back on the mainland

THAT's a quick invoice! They still have all the models up on their web site, and I haven't even seen a "last call" on anything yet.

THAT's a quick invoice! They still have all the models up on their web site, and I haven't even seen a "last call" on anything yet.

I know right?
I'm so conflicted about getting another one. I'm thinking the TR is gonna be the next highly desired Busse, just like the TGLB or the FBM.

Of course being low on funds makes that decision much easier :)

Just got an invoice as well. An invoice a week before Blade Show on a knife that won’t be here before Blade Show. Definitely not ideal timing.

Comp went real quick and now dc is still hanging in there. This is when I start reconsidering my choices but when I take another long look at the first long vertical pic, maroon w big dc, I relax:D. And knowing it’ll be in hand real soon:cool:. Makes me happy I caught the Busse bug:eek::eek::eek:

Back