Introduction/advice on CAK

Don't you wish, buck-o! HA! The HI Goddess of Love and All Things Nice bequeathed it to me ages ago to insure that it was far removed from the eyes of the evil Upper West Coasties. Vicious varmints, everyone! There's one behind every bush, tree trunk, and ATM machine. It's also to be used to keep the wild, and half-nekkid, stone-age dwelling Neandertexicans from migrating upward into the far reaches of Washington State and British Columbia. See Local Ordinance 486.23, section 12B. (all other curved spines don't rate capital letters, you know.) And Bosco gotta use it to bring in this years corn crop. Makes silage outta the stalks and sells it to the gasohol industry for spending money and super hero leotards.

Well I shorely can't argue with parts of that. I'll need to fact check some others and have my people get back to your people.

Best to Bosco and best of luck with that silage, he's got the right tool for sure.

It's getting on to 9 PM India Standard Time and just checking in! Anyone want to share their experiences with their CAK?

Just destroyed the neighbors bamboo patch...see the photos earlier in this thread.

"stone-age dwelling Neandertexicans":mad:!!! Watchit Bosco! We have no illegal knifes here anymore! Ill have to check reciprocity laws in between but I could march right up tween them cornrows with a big Falcata and youd never know it! Just lettin ya know!

CAK sheath tightening update: just stuck some furniture felt pads in the throat of the scabbard. Fits great now.

CAK satisal wood handle overhaul update: soaked it in a bottle of double boiled linseed oil, overnight. It greedily drank up a quarter of the oil. And wow, the difference is tangible. The wood grain really pops now. Finally polished the scabbard with shoe polish. This Purna CAK is show quality again...

Glad that worked out well for ya Amko! They do soak up a surprising amount of the thinner oils like mineral oil or 2BLO. It depends on the wood type.

Back