Introduction

Hello,

I'm ghost coyote, new to the forum. I discovered cpk knives searching for a heirloom to take the place of my fallkniven f1. Nothing wrong with it (I just need to get another sheath), I've just been upgrading the things I enjoy using

I'm a regular individual that loves being outside and I have two sons that I can't wait to take camping and fishing. I want them to love nature and to teach them to enjoy it as much as I do. In the city I carry a folder (g10 sheepsfoot grip, Spyderco techno 1 or dragonfly salt), but when I'm outside, I take my fixed blade for general use. My preferred blade length is 4-5in for a fixed and less than 3in for a folder.

I had my eyes on a regular fk2, but they are gone. Had a chance for a thin and hard fk2, and I was even considering getting a dek1, but I feel like I shouldn't get what I'm not looking for and that I should wait to get exactly what I want (pro tip to any hobby, especially watches)

That being said, just wanted to say hello, and introduce myself, I'll be hunting for the next batch/ iteration of the field knife and sharing my thoughts with all of you.

A pleasure sharing this space with you all.

Cheers

Hey.

(Nods chin generally in your direction)

Coffee over there and beer's in the fridge.

With respect to getting what you want in a CPK. They are really a very good value, and every one of them has a certain "aha" moment when you actually have it in hand. Try one and if it's still not quite right, they hold their value on resale. Most of them appreciate in value. Keep an eye on the buy\sell\trade thread and on the Next Sale thread. Won't be long.

Welcome.

Props for knowing what you like and what you want.

I like the F1 as well, and I agree it needs a different sheath than what it comes with.

Congrats on finding your way to CPK. Nathan is a mad genius when it comes to this knife stuff. And he’s very smart on who he works with.

I had my eyes on a regular fk2, but they are gone. Had a chance for a thin and hard fk2, and I was even considering getting a dek1, but I feel like I shouldn't get what I'm not looking for and that I should wait to get exactly what I want (pro tip to any hobby, especially watches)
Sometimes the opposite happens.
I have gotten things that I wasn’t looking for and they surpassed what I originally wanted... but not always.

pleased to meet you

Hello and welcome! A lot of great folks on these forums. CPK especially. You found a great place to hang out and meet new people. And I must say, the CPK crew makes amazing knives. You’ll probably want to snag a few LOL. Anxious to see how your shopping goes. Also check the exchange from time to time on the fixed blades section. They come up once in awhile there. Good luck and nice to meet you!

Welcome Ghost, its hard to find a maker with so much passion as Nathan and crew. His work in heat treat provides the stability for his excellent grinds. What ever you choose it will be something you will pass on to your children. May I ask where do you hail from?

Hey.

(Nods chin generally in your direction)

Coffee over there and beer's in the fridge.

With respect to getting what you want in a CPK. They are really a very good value, and every one of them has a certain "aha" moment when you actually have it in hand. Try one and if it's still not quite right, they hold their value on resale. Most of them appreciate in value. Keep an eye on the buy\sell\trade thread and on the Next Sale thread. Won't be long.
Thanks, I'm truly waiting for the moment, but certainly i can wait to get what I'm looking for. I try to avoid collecting, because I feel that an item is nice when it's used. When you have many different items, you use them less, and that diminishes the transformation from knife to organic part of yourself.

It's like a well worn wallet, or getting an in between what you have and what you want watch. You will end up having the one you like, and a couple that you won't use
Welcome aboard.
Thanks
Welcome and glad you're here!
Thanks, I already got a couple of new friends by asking to place some balls on top of a knife. TRfromMT TRfromMT Lorien Lorien
Welcome.

Props for knowing what you like and what you want.

I like the F1 as well, and I agree it needs a different sheath than what it comes with.

Congrats on finding your way to CPK. Nathan is a mad genius when it comes to this knife stuff. And he’s very smart on who he works with.
Can't wait to try. I'm looking at the armatus sheath for the F1, do you have other recommendation?
Welcome! This is a great corner of the internet, the folks here are awesome, CPK team are top notch people and their products are my favourite in existence :thumbsup:
Can't wait to try them, looking forward to it
Sometimes the opposite happens.
I have gotten things that I wasn’t looking for and they surpassed what I originally wanted... but not always.

pleased to meet you
Issue is that you have to flip it if you don't like it, and if you do, you end up having the different and a new one. Nothing wrong with that, we have all been there, done that
Hello and welcome! A lot of great folks on these forums. CPK especially. You found a great place to hang out and meet new people. And I must say, the CPK crew makes amazing knives. You’ll probably want to snag a few LOL. Anxious to see how your shopping goes. Also check the exchange from time to time on the fixed blades section. They come up once in awhile there. Good luck and nice to meet you!
Actually shopping went super nice, Jo the Machinist Jo the Machinist is super helpful and nice. I just decided to wait on a bit to get what I'm looking for, fortunately I'm not in a hurry
Welcome and enjoy!
Cheers!
Welcome, Ghost coyote. 👋
Thanks!
Welcome Ghost, its hard to find a maker with so much passion as Nathan and crew. His work in heat treat provides the stability for his excellent grinds. What ever you choose it will be something you will pass on to your children. May I ask where do you hail from?
I've seen the videos of the abuse, if the knives can handle that, they can surely handle the normal use that a knife usually does.

Hopefully they will fight over it and it will carry some of the essence of it's user. I've given my old man plenty of knives, but if you ask me, his Victorinox is the one I remember him, and I didn't have him that one.

I'm from old Mexico

Welcome, overall a really good group of active people over here. The FK2 is my favorite knife, followed close by the DEK1. Although similar in size they feel completely different. Might want to consider getting both. Luckily with CPK you are usually able to get out of it what you paid, sometimes even a bit more.

Welcome, overall a really good group of active people over here. The FK2 is my favorite knife, followed close by the DEK1. Although similar in size they feel completely different. Might want to consider getting both. Luckily with CPK you are usually able to get out of it what you paid, sometimes even a bit more.
Thanks, both look like a sweet spot between utility and size, but at this moment I don't have a need the modification to make the handle reverse friendly. And probably, I won't be able to try them before getting it.

As weird as it sounds, there are not many reviews available, nor videos.

I'll try to get a fk2 first, and try to avoid the bug!

Thanks, both look like a sweet spot between utility and size, but at this moment I don't have a need the modification to make the handle reverse friendly. And probably, I won't be able to try them before getting it.

As weird as it sounds, there are not many reviews available, nor videos.

I'll try to get a fk2 first, and try to avoid the bug!
I have to stop watching the gun+, knife thread, I'm starting to feel the "need" to get one

Back