Introduction

The Utility Field Knife is the one he chose to test magnacut (possibly other models too, I don’t know) but he is not going to produce the Utility Field knife in MagnaCut for sale. Amazon line will be D3V.

Post in thread 'The "Ask Nathan a question" thread'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/post-20497749
Thanks for making it clear, I knew that I could be wrong and had hope for friendly correction :D thats why ive wrote "dont get me wrong".

Again much respect for everything you do for cpk crew and comunnity.
Much love and respect to CPK crew of course just for being with us :D

First of all welcome ghost coyote, enjoy your stay in CPK bromance.
Enjoy your dek1, it wont dissapoint you ever.
Youve seen on the edges destruction video, so now you know what is D3V cappable of.

Ive seen this video several years ago, didnt knew it was yours. Rewatched it now and I can say that title says field knife destruction, but while tryong to destroy it, I see youve struggled a lot lol. And for regular and everday and even extreme scenario this knives are pretty much undying lol.
If your goal isnt destructing this knife, it will last forever in every type of knife use.

When first time watched this video didnt knew much about CPK knives and was searching all the infos. Now after knowing a lot about CPKs, I can say that I almost cried while watching OGFK with damn D3V steel and satin hand finish blade being destroyed.. :(

Oh and almost forgot, if it was THAT hard to destroy stock FK (well really with some tweaks like 20 dps etc), I think that HDMC would pass that test without breaking lol.
Sometimes I wanna do such stuff with blades but damn it Im not that reach to afford such pleasure lol, or I would put HDMC which is coming to my way through hell of destructive tests and would try to destroy it.. but if I will success I will be left without my chopper lol (but honestly speaking I think it will be pretty much almkdt impossible to break HDMC).
Thanks! I'm enjoying myself around here! The destruction test is brutal! Nowhere near to normal use and abuse lol. That gives confidence so you can trust in your knife
Congrats on the DEK1
I don’t know if you are aware of CPK’s upcoming basic line of performance knives or not. They are going to be sold on Amazon. It looks like the first basic production model will be the Utility Feild knife. They are D3V and very similar to the FK2 as far as I can tell. They will supposedly be a little less “finished” than the signature line sold here on BladeForums - that probably means little coming out of the CPK shop. I don’t know if they will be skeletonized or not.
Here is a link to a preview pic Nathan posted in another thread
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/post-20497559
I did, but it is my understanding that the next field knife will not be identical to fk2, I guess that we should wait and in the proper time, pull the trigger. I'm not looking for a above 5in blade, over never needed something that large, but then again, everybody around here loves their hdkf and aren't willing to part ways with it.
Here’s green canvas micarta. Been in and out of a lot of leather lol. Plus I love this knife, gets carried a lot !!! :)

View attachment 1564342View attachment 1564344View attachment 1564345View attachment 1564346View attachment 1564347
Beautiful knife! I can't make my mind, the pictures with blue hardware and black handle looks great, but it's been a couple of years since i got a black handled knife. I'm more into hi viz to avoid dropping your knife and spend the rest of the day searching for it.

It's so difficult.
The Utility Field Knife is the one he chose to test magnacut (possibly other models too, I don’t know) but he is not going to produce the Utility Field knife in MagnaCut for sale. Amazon line will be D3V.

https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/the-ask-nathan-a-question-thread.1425245/post-20497749
I remain interested, thanks!

“I did, but it is my understanding that the next field knife will not be identical to fk2, I guess that we should wait and in the proper time, pull the trigger. I'm not looking for a above 5in blade, over never needed something that large, but then again, everybody around here loves their hdkf and aren't willing to part ways with it.”

Post in thread 'Random Thought Thread'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/random-thought-thread.1507196/post-20415340

“I did, but it is my understanding that the next field knife will not be identical to fk2, I guess that we should wait and in the proper time, pull the trigger. I'm not looking for a above 5in blade, over never needed something that large, but then again, everybody around here loves their hdkf and aren't willing to part ways with it.”

Post in thread 'Random Thought Thread'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/random-thought-thread.1507196/post-20415340
Looks nice! Have we got any news regarding if a pre order from here will be available?

Looks nice! Have we got any news regarding if a pre order from here will be available?
There was some talk about a “signature” edition of the upcoming basic line Super Duty Field Knife (SDFK) - which will be similar to the HDFK. But I don’t know specifically about preorder for that, if it happens.
I don’t recall any talk about “signature” 5” Utility Field Knife but who knows. Not me.
The post I have linked here is from Nathan that gives good info on what they are and will be working on.
Thread 'What is in the works at CPK?'
https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/what-is-in-the-works-at-cpk.1777636/
The basic line will be sold on Amazon.

Asked for it on unbuffed OD micarta!
Got it and I've been using it for cooking duty while outdoors.

I love the handle, if carothers/lorien made a chef knife, without hesitation it should have that handle. In the dek3 thread you can see something like a dek shaped chef knife.

Can't wait to give it some hard use! The olive drab micarta is starting to "buff" with the use and if getting a darker color

Hello G Ghost coyote and welcome to the forum. Getting that CPK is a must. ONLY problem is, once you get one, you'll want to get others. Believe me when i say most of these fellow forum friends here have that problem. LOL. Again, welcome and cheers!!

Yeah, like me, although I don't consider it a problem. I started with a UF and then preordered a gorgeous DEK1. Now I have a UF2/DEF on preorder!

And Lorien with the designs! 😉
just want to be clear that I wasn't fishing for compliments- only that Nate and Jo and crew DO make the strongestsharpestmostkickass, ('damn good') knives available, regardless of Lorien or anyone/anything else! It's the passion for quality that drives CPK, and I'm just lucky enough to be allowed to participate 🫀

just want to be clear that I wasn't fishing for compliments- only that Nate and Jo and crew DO make the strongestsharpestmostkickass, ('damn good') knives available, regardless of Lorien or anyone/anything else! It's the passion for quality that drives CPK, and I'm just lucky enough to be allowed to participate 🫀
Amen brother and it is a honor.

Word. 👊😎

Hello guys! It's been a while since the last post.

I got my DEK1, got my old man a basic field knife and sliced of my finger while testing extreme kydex retention and I was waiting for the SDFK...

But I got lucky and managed to get my hands on my buddy Benson X Benson X HDFK, dangler, gray terotuff, black micarta and last but not least AECM from the sale thread. The whole enchilada.

Can't wait to have it in my hands.

Edit:

Edit 2, internet is hard, post 4959

Last edited:
Back