iOS Knife Steel Chart 1.92 in the appstore

Hi All,

Knife steel chart for iOS devices is in the appstore now:

Number of bugfixes and functionality improvements. Highlights:
Support for iOS 11 and iOS 12;
Fullscreen support for all notched iPhones. Please do let me know if on any of those any screen overlaps or renders incorrectly.
Search function has been changed in alloy list page. From now on, it will display all of the alloys starting with the search string, followed by alloys containing the search string. Before it would simply display any alloy containing the search string sorted alphabetically, which made things difficult.

All other changes are listed in the changelog.

More info on the knife steel chart ios app.

Please rate the app to support development.

For Android users, corresponding changes including new search functionality update is in works, hopefully I'll finish it all and publish it next week.

Knife Steel Composition chart for Android is here:

Last edited:
I use the Android app on my phone and tablet all the time.

I'd also like to thank you for all the hard work and effort you've put into this.

This iOS app "Knife Steel Composition Chart" nor any app by "ZviSoft" LLC show up on the app store. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

This iOS app "Knife Steel Composition Chart" nor any app by "ZviSoft" LLC show up on the app store. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?
Are you searching for iPad only apps?

Larrin asked "Are you searching for iPad only apps?"
yes, on the exact string <Knife Steel Composition Chart> in app store on my Mac. Prompted by your question, I see by playing, that an app store update (maybe) has killed being able to get apps for my devices on my mac, for syncing later... grrr. Means i need to turn the radio on, grab and search on the iOS device. How not convieniant of the app store on my Mac...

Thanks everyone :)

App is capable of running on any iOS device but has a requirement of iOS 9 or higher.
Network connection(wifi or cellular) is preferable, because I update central database on zknives.com a lot more frequently than the application binary on the market. In other words, new steels, errors in steel compositions and reference data are fixed on zknives.com database and mobile devices periodically sync with zknives.com to download latest data. It'll work without network connection, but your database will be out of date fairly soon.

Speaking of which, I've uploaded ver 1.91 to the itunes store, which fixes said synchronization issue present in 1.90.
Please update the app to enable normal data synchronization.

He has a link in his signature. I just downloaded it to my iPad.

Great stuff.

Yup, also in the original post, images are clickable and point to respective markets/stores.

New version - 1.92 posted today.
Fixes sort order in quick search results.

Back