Irma

pmwc78

Gold Member
Anyone else sitting in the path of this unwelcome storm? We are boarded up and provisioned, waiting for the brunt of this thing to hit. Eastern Manatee county here.

Anyone else sitting in the path of this unwelcome storm? We are boarded up and provisioned, waiting for the brunt of this thing to hit. Eastern Manatee county here.
Prayer for you and yours pmwc78! Keep us updated!

Smoke and prayers for you and your family. We dodged this in SC but are catching the back side winds, nothing like you guys have. Stay low brother.

Power lost until who knows when but house and family all in good shape.

Thank you guys for the well wishes. And all my best to anyone else dealing with the aftermath. Last I saw it was some 5.7 million without power. We got lucky in that the storm lost a lot of energy before getting to us.

Last edited:
We got power back but lots are still without. Network has been spotty but I found the corner of the house that works to post. We lucked out in our area to a degree that's hard to explain. South of here it gets progressively worse until you see Marco island and then the keys. Down there it looks like a war zone. They are not talking about power grid repair down there,. The power grid has to be completely rebuilt.

Glad all went better for ya pmw! Scarry stuff. I was living in Tortola BVI when Hugo hit. The eye passed right over us. We got 220+mph winds where I was. Irma slammed the same island again and Maria hit them again just days after. I feel for them folks. Hope my friends there are all well. Looks like a giant lawnmower plowed over the island. Hope you get everything back to normal soon if there is such a thing as normal.

Back