Is a knife an accessory?

quick question for you guys I just had an hour long argument with my girl fighting over if a knife is an accessory. I told her it's not told her it was a tool used as a tool and that's it. But she keeps on telling me it's an accessory. That carry it around because pretty...

If it were true, they would be called cutting accessories not cutting tools. Regardless of when she needs something cut, in her eyes it will always be an accessory.

You don't match your handle scales to your shoes?:)

Jk...no its a tool. Maybe it be fancy or rugged. Still a tool.

An Accessory is : a thing that can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive.

I dont see my knife making my outfit look any better and most of the time I try to no show I have a knife on me. A watch however is a tool/accessory for me.

BE1hlx7.jpg

Tell her it is just a tool and that SHE is your accessory. That should liven up the argument :)

quick question for you guys I just had an hour long argument with my girl fighting over if a knife is an accessory. I told her it's not told her it was a tool used as a tool and that's it. But she keeps on telling me it's an accessory. That carry it around because pretty...

You really spent an hour arguing over that? Whenever I'm asked by girls why I carry expensive, sexy, bad lookin knives, I tell them it's man jewelry, they totally get it. My girlfriend understands, carries a delica I got her and wears a bunch of fancy jewelry and a couple nice watches I got her too.

Yeah we can cut stuff with it. So what? Most people who do more cutting than me carry those big clunky husky folding box cutters or something like that.

As you'll see around here a good portion of our weird group carries and wears lots of fancy and what people would call unnecessary doohickeys like nice wallets, watches, bits of titanium in all shapes, flashlights made out of copper, pens that Jason Bourne wished he had in that one scene. It all falls under man jewelry, and we wield these things with a smile whenever they come in handy.

Took me 5 minutes to explain. Don't argue with your girl over it! Concede to the woman in this instance. And any other time it doesn't really matter. Life will be better that way.

An Accessory is : a thing that can be added to something else in order to make it more useful, versatile, or attractive.

Yup. Add a knife to me and I'm more useful, versatile AND attractive. ;)

Just don't add it pointy end first, then I get leaky.

"Why do you have a knife"? "It is a useful tool that I can use to cut the string or sharpen the pencil - the task you are unprepared for". We also know that knives make us feel good and look nice. In many cultures, knives are also important symbols and are often decorative Some places distinguish between the everyday utilitarian knife and the "dress" knife worn on formal occasions. So a knife can be both a tool and an accessory. No matter what, though, your girlfriend is always right. :cool::D

I think that they can become accessories for some people. For me I like my primary folders to be dirt simple without any embellishment or designs to them at all. ( I do like nice looking little pocketknives though ) if someone wants their knife to be a tool as well as an accessory, they should get one that goes in a belt sheath that way they can simply have a sheath for every outfit:D any knife can be an accessory if you use it as one.

I just did a short search to find the term used for a dress knife in Norway (my ancestral culture). It is "bunadskniv", worn as part of traditionl costume like a Scots dirk or Yemeni curved dagger So the knife can be an accessory, but is certainly a useful tool for everyday tasks. Your girlfriend is still always right.:D

So I just conferred with my girlfriend. We both agree that you argue about some goofy stuff. Who cares how she views it? She isn't carrying it, you are. If you guys spend an hour arguing about something like this, perhaps you should reassess your pastime activities.

It can be both depending on what I am carrying , I got a extra nice Case Barlow that comes out on dates or Sundays only and it rides solo in my left front pocket. To me it is both .

Yes, a knife can be an accessory.

In fact, the Timberweasel Action Figure™* would come with several accessories: a watch, wallet, knife, removable beer helmet, an '80s style boom box, and a flame-thrower... you betcha! :D

*Vehicles sold separately

-Brett

Do you;

A) Lay out all your outfits on the bed and match the knife to the shirt and other items you'll wear? If so you've got yourself an accessory and that's a pretty easy call for the girl to make.

Or;

2) Your knife is still clipped to the pocket, sheathed on the belt etc. of the $20 jeans you've worn all week. If that's the case then it's a tool and be ready for the "why are you always wearing jeans" discussion next.

An accessory definitely.

noun, plural accessories.
a subordinate or supplementary part, object, or the like, used mainly for convenience, attractiveness, safety, etc., as a spotlight on an automobile or a lens cover on a camera.
an article or set of articles of dress, as gloves, earrings, or a scarf, that adds completeness, convenience, attractiveness, etc., to one's basic outfit.

After being married for 20 years you learn not to say a damn word !...Pick your fights... and mean while, Dump her purse in the middle of the table and throw your crap in it !! Now its a accessory !!

2 Panther

Back