Is anyone else excited for the Caribbean?

Compression lock, interesting steel, nice profile, good blade length, rust proof, looks like a home run to me. How much will it cost though?

Compression lock, interesting steel, nice profile, good blade length, rust proof, looks like a home run to me. How much will it cost though?

Knife center $152.97 good price IMO. This will be a fun knife, hopefully my vacation knife;)

I'm excited about the lc200n steel. Don't know enough about the Caribbean yet but I will certainly own something with that steel. Nice to have a rust proof blade with better edge retention in non-serrated.

This and the Shaman have me pumped. I am eager to try this steel and happy they are not going with H1. Interesting to see a rust proof steel that also has high edge retention, perfect work knife for those of us in tropical/sub tropical climates.

What does the LC200N compare to really? Like retention and toughness.

This is a must buy for me. However, I'm curious as it is in the Salt series how the SS liners will hold up to corrosion.

Definitely down for one of these with a sheep's foot SE blade. Perfect knife for the AIRE raft!

Hi Shady,

We're currently testing LC200N for use as a compression lock. Spring tension, harness, lock strength, etc. We'll be using LC200N for both the blade and the lock. Early models will be two tone G-10. Sales will determine need for a less expensive light weight model.

sal

The specs call me but I will prefer it with a black blade finish and a grey+black handle rather than yellow+black... but it is an interesting concept for me

Hi Shady,

We're currently testing LC200N for use as a compression lock. Spring tension, harness, lock strength, etc. We'll be using LC200N for both the blade and the lock. Early models will be two tone G-10. Sales will determine need for a less expensive light weight model.

sal
Any info available on the eta?

If they make an inexpensive, lightweight model like Sal said, then I might be interested. But in my opinion the handles are horrid. Looks like a giant bumblebee to me.

Hi Shady,

sal
Can't wait !

How does LC200N compare to H1 in terms of corrosion resistance.

Last edited:
So, it's still in the testing phase? I assume since it's in the Mid-Year it's still slated for 2017 release.

I'm definitely excited for the Caribbean Salt! Should even make for a good all-around EDC for those humid rainy Florida days, which are most of them.:)

As a blade steel it's fabulous. I've had my Mike saltwater fishing all weekend and it's still stupid sharp.

Hi Shady,

sal

I really hope that as I can't stand the actual scales, both color and overall knife weight. I loved the Salts because of H1 but also the lightweight and slim profile, don't take a step back Sal!

:(

I really hope that as I can't stand the actual scales, both color and overall knife weight. I loved the Salts because of H1 but also the lightweight and slim profile, don't take a step back Sal!

:(
I think the very point of this design is to give people a rust proof knife that also want g10 and liners. People that want a rust proof para or tenacious, this will appeal to. There are so many linerless, frn handled salts to choose from already.

Back