1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2. Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer 1034A1 Gingrich Bush Knife & Ka-Bar Dozier Folding Hunter, , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships!

Be sure to read the rules before entering, then help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread! Entries close at midnight, Saturday Sept 7!

Once the entries close, we'll live stream the drawing on Sunday, Sept 8 at 5PM Eastern. Tune in to our YouTube channel TheRealBladeForums for a chance to win bonus prizes!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

Is anyone else excited for the Caribbean?

Discussion in 'Spyderco' started by fanucman, May 27, 2017.

1. fanucman

fanucman

Jan 31, 2016
    Compression lock, interesting steel, nice profile, good blade length, rust proof, looks like a home run to me. How much will it cost though?

2. Insipid Moniker

Insipid Moniker Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 28, 2011
    Looks great to me. Saving money for it and the Sliverax.

3. Chinook3

Chinook3

Jun 21, 2015
    Knife center $152.97 good price IMO. This will be a fun knife, hopefully my vacation knife;)

4. Knifeoholic

Knifeoholic

Feb 8, 2016
    Definitely pumped for this one, always love trying a new steel! :thumbsup:

5. timbo813

timbo813

Jun 24, 2014
    I'm excited about the lc200n steel. Don't know enough about the Caribbean yet but I will certainly own something with that steel. Nice to have a rust proof blade with better edge retention in non-serrated.

6. oxman198

oxman198

Jun 17, 2013
    This and the Shaman have me pumped. I am eager to try this steel and happy they are not going with H1. Interesting to see a rust proof steel that also has high edge retention, perfect work knife for those of us in tropical/sub tropical climates.

7. 353

Feb 20, 2015
    What does the LC200N compare to really? Like retention and toughness.

8. shady A.M.

shady A.M. Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 28, 2004
    This is a must buy for me. However, I'm curious as it is in the Salt series how the SS liners will hold up to corrosion.

9. EmperorMA

EmperorMA

Apr 20, 2017
    Definitely down for one of these with a sheep's foot SE blade. Perfect knife for the AIRE raft!

10. Sal Glesser

Sal Glesser Moderator Moderator

Dec 27, 1998
    Hi Shady,

We're currently testing LC200N for use as a compression lock. Spring tension, harness, lock strength, etc. We'll be using LC200N for both the blade and the lock. Early models will be two tone G-10. Sales will determine need for a less expensive light weight model.

sal

11. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    The specs call me but I will prefer it with a black blade finish and a grey+black handle rather than yellow+black... but it is an interesting concept for me

12. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    Any info available on the eta?

13. GatorMedic

GatorMedic Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 12, 2014
    If they make an inexpensive, lightweight model like Sal said, then I might be interested. But in my opinion the handles are horrid. Looks like a giant bumblebee to me.

14. sfrigon1

sfrigon1

Oct 2, 2016
    Can't wait !

15. Lapedog

Lapedog Gold Member Gold Member

Dec 7, 2016
    How does LC200N compare to H1 in terms of corrosion resistance.

Last edited: May 29, 2017
  16. skwurll

skwurll

Oct 12, 2008
    So, it's still in the testing phase? I assume since it's in the Mid-Year it's still slated for 2017 release.

I'm definitely excited for the Caribbean Salt! Should even make for a good all-around EDC for those humid rainy Florida days, which are most of them.:)

17. neffarious

neffarious

Jun 23, 2012
    As a blade steel it's fabulous. I've had my Mike saltwater fishing all weekend and it's still stupid sharp.

18. ThePeacent

ThePeacent

Sep 15, 2013
    I really hope that as I can't stand the actual scales, both color and overall knife weight. I loved the Salts because of H1 but also the lightweight and slim profile, don't take a step back Sal!

:(

19. colubrid

colubrid Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 26, 2005
    This thread desperately needs pictures

sfrigon1 likes this.
  20. dcycleman

dcycleman

Feb 16, 2009
    I think the very point of this design is to give people a rust proof knife that also want g10 and liners. People that want a rust proof para or tenacious, this will appeal to. There are so many linerless, frn handled salts to choose from already.

Insipid Moniker likes this.