Is anyone else excited for the Caribbean?

Im very excited for this model and the new salt line. Serrated h1 is my all time favorite but, very much looking forward to the LC200N in a straight blade with the caribbean. Ill most likely get both blade shapes. That black yellow pattern looks excellent as well. I will be getting the lightweight models if they ever come out.
I find the salt line for its weight savings and amazing edge is the best user knife money can buy. I have tried many steels and carried lots of different knives over the years. The Serrated h1 beats them all. Love the compression lock and am excited to have a salt knife with it. Excellent way to build a product line Spyderco. You're always the first knife I recommend to any of my non- knife friends when asked what to get.

I really hope that as I can't stand the actual scales, both color and overall knife weight. I loved the Salts because of H1 but also the lightweight and slim profile, don't take a step back Sal!

:(
This was supposed to be a more robust salt knife

Will the Caribbean also have a pivot bushing? I am loving my LC200N mule and would love to see a sprint PM2. The Caribbean would be the pretty close

This was supposed to be a more robust salt knife

not to negate the appeal of a stronger, sturdier knife, but after all these years my Salts still go strong and have never been too delicate for any task I've put them through.

I can't recall seeing a broken Salt knife in this forum, or Spyderco forums, in all this time, FWIW

I think Delicate is the wrong word. Robust, IE thicker handle, more surface area, etc. I love salts, but variety is the spice of life. I am sure if this does well they will make a FRN version, which i will promptly buy in PE because H1 PE is not my favorite.

Some guys like heft, some guys like svelt. Gotta love Sal for giving us the variety in both scale material, steel, and locks on so many blade styles.

Nobody has mentioned this yet. LC200N can be flat ground, h1 cannot. This is a BIG difference.

I like black and yellow so I think the scales look nice.

I think Sal was a beekeeper in a past life. ;)

Just got an LC200N mule earlier in the week and I am sold on this steel. Count me in for a pe Caribbean!

I like how it looks. Even though I prefer a plain blade I am really digging the serrated blade! I like the scales fine and if it's popular maybe he will offer something else, blue and black would also be sweet.

Maybe some custom G10 in Ghost Jade.:)

NOW
Somebody show me some rust on a well used M4 blade.
(I realize the lock and liners etc., if any are desirable in the rust proof alloys)
Just talking blade for now.

Forgive me for posting a non-Spyderco here, but here's some used and ever so-slightly rusty M4...this knife has been used and carried and enjoyed...and also lost in the bottom of a pack for a couple months.
Sorry lighting isn't very great right now but here you go:

Back to topic:

I am very intrigued by the caribbean and will most likely pick one up. Currently in the process of moving to sub-tropical Mexico (again!) and figure it couldn't hurt to have some LC200N or H1 with me...the compression lock of the Caribbean really has me excited!

Hahaha, sweet! That seems like a pretty fun, and satisfying hobby.

fun thing that is, we have to save bees from extinction, our species depends on them as much as on Spydies, or even more

23qw_zpskndpmn4f.jpg

Spydiefans and Beefans FTW :thumbsup:

I know, I meant life before Spyderco. :)

I am setting up hives this summer so I can get bees next spring. I bought my house from a beekeeper so I have a great mentor. I am looking forward to it.

Also, as a lifelong Yamaha fan I LOVE black and yellow. It was their racing colors before they went to the boring blue and white.

@ThePeacant said it right - You bee keepers are saving both the bees and US! You deserve all the honey you can get! I hope to be able to join your ranks in due time....

In the meanwhile carrying a bumble bee colored Caribbean will be me paying my respects ;-)

This steel is so awesome! Forget the corrosion resistance, well don't forget it, but it is just kind of a bonus. This stuff takes the most awesome edge no lie. It gets stupid, shave a gnats nut sack sharp. Love it on my s.chef. the chef has super thin geometry so it's gonna cut well of course but the crisp edge it takes is retarded. Love it. I live in the desert so its not really a must to use a stainless but ill run this steel just for the edge it takes..... And holds, retention is good too in my experience. I mean don't mean to go overboard but I'm so glad I tried it, its an amazing metal for knife blades. One of my favorites now for sure

I was one of those who pre-ordered the Caribbean because of the LC200N steel. I already have the Tusk, and was very impressed. I ended up purchasing the SpydieChef with the same steel and Ti scales. The SpydieChef has a modified sheep foot blade that is perfect for a Mariner, chef, or as an EDC. It's blade to handle ratio is unsurpassed and complements the slim, yet strong, knife handle. I'm very satisfied with this blade-handle combination as compared to the color scheme of the Caribbean.

I just got a spydiechef. Not saying i wont eventually get the Caribbean, but all of what you said plus the blade slimness made it a better choice for me, at least for now. It's definitely going to be my new camping folder :)

Back